Sims 3 previous game data lost

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 previous game data lost

Post by JayRoche on Mon 28 Oct - 17:39

Hey,

I installed the uni life expansion today and installed it. it had problems booting because it said no disc found. I then downloaded ultimate fix which then fixed the problems i had previously. Buuuuutttttttttttt now all my last saved game data has been deleted and its as if i have a just downloaded everything and installed em and never played it before.

I'm downloading into the future now and im wandering should i just wait to create a new game until i install it?

JayRoche
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 previous game data lost

Post by Sephymuffins on Mon 28 Oct - 18:53

Hello!

I'm sorry to hear if that your save data was lost.  Sad  I have unfortunately had the same thing happen on accident before and I was so upset.  The reason you lost your save data, is because you created a family/save game, then went on to download another expansion and use the #Crack/Manual Patch.  I'm sure that one of those two tools made your game a "clean slate".  However:  installing an expansion OVER your already installed games DOES NOT erase anything - it just adds things, like neighborhoods, CAS items, abilities, etc.  

After I wrote over my old save data, I realized it was probably for the best anyway. If it hadn't, my game may have been bugged, you know what I mean?  Smile  So take it with a grain of salt, I suppose;  it's a bummer, though!

To answer your question: yes!  We will definitely advise you to download and install all of the games you want, then apply the crack and patch.  For safety of your game's stability you'd want to do it this way.  I, myself, installed all of the expansions and stuff packs (+crack+patch) THEN went to start/create a family.

If you have any further questions, let us know!  Good luck in your new game! Razz
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.
Female Posts : 582

View user profile http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by JayRoche on Mon 28 Oct - 19:45

Yeah i know what you mean! shame that the Into the future expansion has so many leechers so its not fast enough. I try not get too attached to sims so when they die im not sad... this is a type of dying hahaha

//EDIT

actually can you help me with something else now... i installed the ultimate fix and now all the text has gone and i click new town and it does nothing, also there is no towns available

JayRoche
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Mon 28 Oct - 20:22

We try not to double post here so next time, please edit your original post to add anything. Smile

About your new-found issue, are you able to click the big check mark and proceed? Does it crash to your desktop when you attempt this?
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Back to top Go down

Post by JayRoche on Mon 28 Oct - 20:25

sorry about that! it does nothing when i press it

JayRoche
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Mon 28 Oct - 20:29

Okay, that's no problem.  Before we do anything drastic, please please do steps 2 through 5 from here once more!

If this doesn't work, I HIGHLY suggest you do a clean uninstall then reinstall your basegame and expansions.  Once you've installed them, make sure to follow the steps 1 through 5, from the above link I provided!  

Here's some information, too, on doing a clean uninstall:  http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall#Overview_of_Uninstalling_in_The_Sims_3
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by JayRoche on Tue 29 Oct - 13:29

as i was downloading that, i installed the into the future first and that resolved the issues! thanks for you help Smile

JayRoche
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Tue 29 Oct - 13:36

The Ultimate Fix won't remove all your saves. The only thing that will erase all your saves magically is the manual patch.

Therefore, I highly recommend backing the folder C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 up before attempting to patch manually.

Also, can you check if the folder C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves to see if there are anything suspicious?

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: