Sims 3 won't start after installing expansion pack

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 won't start after installing expansion pack

Post by renenouve on Tue 29 Oct 2013, 13:48

Hi!

So... two days back, I installed sims 3 base game on my computer and it worked. AND it also worked after installing the follow expansion packs: Seasons, University Life, Master Suite Stuff, and Movie stuff. A while ago, I installed the following: Fast Lane Stuff, Town Life Stuff and Sims Supernatural. After doing so, the Sims base game won't start. (The launcher starts but after pressing "play" the game just won't open.) I've read your forums like: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013 and this http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly but it still won't start. PLEASE HELP

renenouve
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 1397
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 won't start after installing expansion pack

Post by J.T. on Tue 29 Oct 2013, 13:49

Can you tell us briefly how you installed the base game? How do you follow The Must Read guide?

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5815
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 won't start after installing expansion pack

Post by renenouve on Tue 29 Oct 2013, 13:52

cat2006house wrote:Can you tell us briefly how you installed the base game? How do you follow The Must Read guide?
I used a disc to install it

renenouve
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 1397
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 won't start after installing expansion pack

Post by J.T. on Tue 29 Oct 2013, 13:53

@renenouve wrote:
cat2006house wrote:Can you tell us briefly how you installed the base game? How do you follow The Must Read guide?
I used a disc to install it
How did you follow the Must Read guide? Did you apply the manual patch + the Ultimate Fix after installing the expansion packs/stuff packs?

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5815
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 won't start after installing expansion pack

Post by renenouve on Wed 30 Oct 2013, 19:32

cat2006house wrote:
@renenouve wrote:
cat2006house wrote:Can you tell us briefly how you installed the base game? How do you follow The Must Read guide?
I used a disc to install it
How did you follow the Must Read guide? Did you apply the manual patch + the Ultimate Fix after installing the expansion packs/stuff packs?
Okay, so I uninstalled and reinstalled everything and followed everything in the guidelines (I installed it then put the  on their following folders, replaced, then installed the manual fix. BUT, when I opened the #Crack folder there's only one file there: TS3W) and when I replaced the crack to its corresponding folder, I opened the launcher again but it's searching for the cd

renenouve
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 1397
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 won't start after installing expansion pack

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 30 Oct 2013, 19:41

@renenouve wrote:Okay, so I uninstalled and reinstalled everything and followed everything in the guidelines (I installed it then put the  on their following folders, replaced, then installed the manual fix. BUT, when I opened the #Crack folder there's only one file there: TS3W) and when I replaced the crack to its corresponding folder, I opened the launcher again but it's searching for the cd
Can you, first of all, completely shut down your anti-virus software ?

After that, please re-do the steps from 2 to 4 here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Do the steps exactly as described.


avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14101
Points : 18709
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum