Please Help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please Help!

Post by Lalabulua on Fri 01 Nov 2013, 01:10

I hope I've posted this in the right place,
A few minutes into me playing the sims, suddenly it freezes and all the sims disappear and the graphics go a littlle dull and then the game crashes. this keeps happening and now happens every time i play after i installed into the future.
my base game is store bought but the rest of my expansions i have downloaded from this amazing place.
how do i fix this? i have tried reading other posts to see if i could find similar problems but none seem to have the problem of the sims disappearing and the graphics going strange
thank you

Lalabulua
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Help!

Post by Sephymuffins on Fri 01 Nov 2013, 01:44

Hello,

Do you happen to have any Mods or CC (custom content) in your game?  I would highly suggest you try to play the game (test it) without any mods or CC and see if there is still a problem.  That way if it is the problem, you can try to figure out what mod or custom content it may be. Smile
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.
Female Posts : 582

View user profile http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by omoonj on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 00:30

hello i have a log problem cries, i uninstalled and installed it 5 or 6 times but still log problem, ive followed the video with the regedit, but nothing works.

i have the base game on D: and supernatural on C:.
is that the problem?

omoonj
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 00:38

@omoonj wrote:hello i have a log problem cries, i uninstalled and installed it 5 or 6 times but still log problem, ive followed the video with the regedit, but nothing works.

i have the base game on D: and supernatural on C:.
is that the problem?
Hello,

Please make sure you are opening your own topic for your issues!  Smile  We ask this, that way there is no confusion and it also gives other helpers/mods the opportunity to assist you a bit faster.

Thanks for your cooperation!  Cool
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lalabulua on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 07:18

Hello,
Thank you for replying,
I have played the game with no mods and it seems to be running fine so I guess it must be a mod I've installed. I guess I could try and figure out which one it is through trial and error. 
Thanks

Lalabulua
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 07:37

@Lalabulua wrote:Hello,
Thank you for replying,
I have played the game with no mods and it seems to be running fine so I guess it must be a mod I've installed. I guess I could try and figure out which one it is through trial and error. 
Thanks
No problem!  Keep in mind that since the 1.63 patch was released about two weeks ago, most (if not all) mods are technically outdated and there has been little time given to allow the makers to do updates.  Some mods DO work with patch 1.63, as I've tested a few myself that are from here.  What you should try to do is always review the comments - the best way to do this is skip to the very last page (the comments that are actually recent date-wise) and you'll see that some people have already tested it and confirmed it for patch 1.63!
Most mods made from the 1.55 patch and the 1.57 patch tend to work with the patch 1.63.  No promises, but in some ways all three mods are the same.  Smile 

Good luck in sifting through your mods! It can be tedious and I totally understand.  You may want to download the Sims 3 Dashboard (here).  It helps you see if there are any conflicting .package files and mods.  You can either fix them using this program, disable them OR delete them.  It's super useful!

Good luck with your game and happy Simming.  Smile  Let us know if you need anymore assistance.
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lalabulua on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 08:36

Thank you so much Smile
I will try all these things and let you know if I need any help
Thanks once again Very Happy

Lalabulua
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lalabulua on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 09:21

i also have a question that i just thought of, could too much cc be the cause for this? my cc and mods are mostly in package format and i merge my cc together with s3pe. i dont merge them all into one, i merge clothes into one and hair into one etc. i dont merge mods like master controller or story progression together. the size of my mods folder is 4.27 gb. could that be the reason?

Lalabulua
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lalabulua on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 09:29

also i have tried out my cc and mods and i still can't tell which one is the faulty one because the game crashes every time. i used delphy's dashboard but it didnt pick up any problems

Lalabulua
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 19:14

Hello,

Please don't forget to edit your posts!  Razz  

Well, I've had no luck with Delphy's Dashboard actually picking up OUTDATED mods.  Mainly conflicting files and whatnot.  

CC CAN actually be the cause of the crashing, it isn't just mods.  I've never had a problem with downloading TOO much CC, however.  If anything, your CAS screen will slow down terribly, same with your load times.  You more than likely either have a bit of funky CC or a few outdated Mods that is causing the crashing itself.

I would strongly suggest you visit here and review the steps on UNmerging your CC.  Having all of your CC bundled together may be helpful, but right now it isn't.  I stress unmerging mainly to save you headaches, at least right now.  There's no way to test your game and pinpoint any specific file when they are all bundled together.  

Once you do/If you do unmerge your files, I'd suggest doing your testing like this, if I may (and if you can!):
http://i40.tinypic.com/v6n3ic.png

Just do bits at a time and then test your game out.  This is TEDIOUS (trust me, I know) but once your game is not crashing, you can then slowly incorporate some mods back in until you can pinpoint which one(/s) may be the baddies.  Smile  I hope this helps you a little!
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum