Origin and installing all the expansions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin and installing all the expansions

Post by megaman_16 on Fri 01 Nov 2013, 17:02

Hello,

I've asked before if I could install all the expansions and all the stuff even with an Origin account and I received response that I could install all of them and all of the stuff that EA wouldn't do anything about it.
Now I've a question. I have the starter pack, high end loft and date night expansions bought from Humble Bundle and activated in Origin. Now how should I proceed to install all of them correctly so Origin recognizes them all? I've downloaded trough TPB all of them and I guess I should install all of them to the Origin Games folder and apply the ultimate fix? This is truly safe and I won't have any problems correct?
Please clarify my doubts.

Thank you Very Happy

megaman_16
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Origin and installing all the expansions

Post by J.T. on Fri 01 Nov 2013, 17:56

Actually there are not much difference between installing cracked games and digital games. You just have to follow this guide correctly: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly. Remember to redownload the Ultimate Fix (because there was a problem with the link).

The only difference you should take note of is the dirrectory where you apply the #crack of the Ultimate Fix. You should drag and drop the content of the folder #crack to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

That's basically it.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by megaman_16 on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 03:48

But I must do that manual patch also? That is the latest patch? Or if I install all the expansions first and then launch the game I can install the official updates (With the Ultimate Fix applied of course)?
The installation folder of the expansions is to the Origin Games folder right?
And there isn't any real problem to do this right?
Will I still be able to send gifts and all of the normal things after that?

megaman_16
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 05:07

megaman_16 wrote:But I must do that manual patch also? That is the latest patch? Or if I install all the expansions first and then launch the game I can install the official updates (With the Ultimate Fix applied of course)?
The installation folder of the expansions is to the Origin Games folder right?
And there isn't any real problem to do this right?
Will I still be able to send gifts and all of the normal things after that?
I actually had that exact same bundle and I too, got it from Humble Bundle.  I'll be honest, while you did get the game for a good price, having the burden of always using Origin to play your games can be really frustrating.  That's solely my opinion though,  as it may be different for you.  I ended up just uninstalling the bundle and starting from scratch (download the basegame and all expansions via G4TW).  It was well worth the wait and hassle of installing every game from scratch.  I say it's frustrating, mainly because whenever you want to pull up the game it pulls up Origins, then you have to select what Sims game you want to play, then it pulls up the Sims 3 launcher THEN you can launch the game.  It's super tedious - again, just my opinion. Razz  Please keep in mind too, the serial codes you got from Humble Bundle NEVER expire so long as you don't lose the email they sent.  So basically, even if you decided to start fresh, the money you spent won't go to waste. 

To answer your questions, though!  You definitely still want to use the manual patch then the Ultimate Fix just like it says in the steps cat2006house showed you.  This is mainly just a precautionary step, as I'm almost positive that you already will have the game at the newest patch, 1.63.   You use the manual patch because it ensures there are no errors, plus it force-updates the expansions (which may not be fully up to date 100%). 

You can still gift to other friends, etc etc, so there's no worrying about that.  Legitimately, with the Fix and Manual Patch, your game will run like it's an actual bought game (so long as the Fix is applied correctly and all that jazz).  Smile
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.
Female Posts : 582

View user profile http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum