Sims 3 town view issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 town view issue

Post by secreteyez on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 00:00

Hi, im back again, with another frustraiting issue. I go to town view and All i see is this, With every lot in my town. I've recently installed 2 mods, ones overwatch and master controller (as advised with another member) However when i first played the sims after installing them, there wasnt an issue.

has anyone else had this? and if so, how can i fix it?..
Ive tried creating a completely new neighbourhood and it happened again, so it seems to be in whichever town im in... Facepalm

secreteyez
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 town view issue

Post by Sephymuffins on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 00:39

Hello,

Are overwatch and master controller the only mods in your Mods folder?  Or do you have anymore?

I suggest you attempt to load your game up with NO custom content or mods to see if perhaps one of those things is your issue.  Smile

Let us know your progress.
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.
Female Posts : 582

View user profile http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by secreteyez on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 00:41

@Sephymuffins wrote:Hello,

Are overwatch and master controller the only mods in your Mods folder?  Or do you have anymore?

I suggest you attempt to load your game up with NO custom content or mods to see if perhaps one of those things is your issue.  Smile

Hello again Sephy.
Yep those are the only 2 mods I have that you recommended to me before.
Ive done no CC and taken the mods out but with no luck. Its still showing the tags above.

secreteyez
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 00:43

@secreteyez wrote:

Hello again Sephy.
Ive done no CC and taken the mods out but with no luck. Its still showing the tags above.
What neighborhood is that?  It looks a little different from ones I have seen or used. Smile
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Back to top Go down

Post by secreteyez on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 00:45

@Sephymuffins wrote:
@secreteyez wrote:

Hello again Sephy.
What neighborhood is that?  It looks a little different from ones I have seen or used. Smile
thats the midnight hollow (I think!)...but ive also tried the basic ones, Sunset valley to be exact. with not much success either lol

//EDIT

I believe i have somehow fixed it. I deleted all my saved games, and remade a new one, i now have all the proper tags for building and not silly Dot things. Im thinking maybe my game became corrupted in some way...??

secreteyez
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 03:31

@secreteyez wrote:I believe i have somehow fixed it. I deleted all my saved games, and remade a new one, i now have all the proper tags for building and not silly Dot things. Im thinking maybe my game became corrupted in some way...??
Yes, your save file can become corrupted.  It can be due in part to different mods and custom content being installed incorrectly (or they're just defective files)!  I'd suggest that you uninstall store content and then reinstall it.  Smile
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by secreteyez on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 17:36

Is there a way of backing up my active family to place them back into the new town ive made? :/ I know it's a silly question lol. But don't fancy going through all this again if I slave my way to the top (without cheats) then lose everything again :/

secreteyez
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 18:56

@secreteyez wrote:Is there a way of backing up my active family to place them back into the new town ive made? WhatDidUJustCallMe? I know it's a silly question lol. But don't fancy going through all this again if I slave my way to the top (without cheats) then lose everything again WhatDidUJustCallMe?
You are actually in luck because you CAN do that.  Smile

What you need to do is prompt the sims to move.  You can do this by using one of their cell phones.  At that point, you want to select the options to save the household and all possessions.  This will save a perfect copy of their home in your 'family bin'.   You want to then go and create a new game (so go back to the neighborhood menu).  Select the town you want to live in and once at the next screen for "Move-in Family", they should be tucked away neatly in your bin. lol. 

You may have to make some adjustments if the house is big, as the lots in the new neighborhood may be too small, but other than that everything should work for you.  Also:  if you DON'T want to make a new save game, you can load another save game and the family will still be in your Bin.  Smile  So no worries.
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum