Game freezes after pressing play on launcher

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game freezes after pressing play on launcher

Post by pinkbellz on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 16:23

ok, so I saw topics  about freezing but that was while playing the game so I made a new thread. 

I have been playing  for over a year, I have these  games  installed  and was playing using the 1.57 update. 

BASE
AMBITIONS
TOWN LIFE
SEASONS
UNIVERSITY

IT had been a while since I last played so I played & everything was moderately fine. I decided to download some new patterns to  vary the game without adding a bunch of  new downloads, but I noticed while trying to install 1  simpack pattern it  was super  slow, some wouldn't install. I decided to update my game (figuring it would help) TO 1.63.  I installed island paradise from here, then I dl'd the manual patch from here, installed, and used the fix. Here is where I think I got it wrong, I followed the instruction for EVERYTHING I have installed when maybe I was only supposed to follow the instruction for the most recent install (island paradise)? In either case, once I get to the launcher, I press play, the screen expands slightly like usual (I don't play fullscreen), and then nothing but  freeze. I've even tried loading with nothing else maximized so I could see an error or something. I've left it for 10 hrs, come back still frozen & have to force quit. Any help on how to fix this would be appreciated, thanks

EDIT:also, I tried loading with no cc - still nothing

pinkbellz
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game freezes after pressing play on launcher

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 19:00

@pinkbellz wrote:ok, so I saw topics  about freezing but that was while playing the game so I made a new thread. 

I have been playing  for over a year, I have these  games  installed  and was playing using the 1.57 update. 

BASE
AMBITIONS
TOWN LIFE
SEASONS
UNIVERSITY

IT had been a while since I last played so I played & everything was moderately fine. I decided to download some new patterns to  vary the game without adding a bunch of  new downloads, but I noticed while trying to install 1  simpack pattern it  was super  slow, some wouldn't install. I decided to update my game (figuring it would help) TO 1.63.  I installed island paradise from here, then I dl'd the manual patch from here, installed, and used the fix. Here is where I think I got it wrong, I followed the instruction for EVERYTHING I have installed when maybe I was only supposed to follow the instruction for the most recent install (island paradise)? In either case, once I get to the launcher, I press play, the screen expands slightly like usual (I don't play fullscreen), and then nothing but  freeze. I've even tried loading with nothing else maximized so I could see an error or something. I've left it for 10 hrs, come back still frozen & have to force quit. Any help on how to fix this would be appreciated, thanks

EDIT:also, I tried loading with no cc - still nothing
Hello,

First of all, re-do the steps 2,3 and 4 here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Then go to the base game location, and double-click on the TS3W.exe to start the game (instead of using the launcher). You might even try to rename your folder "The Sims 3" (in My Documents/Electronic Arts), into anything you like, and then start a new game.

From what you describe, what you've seen with these custom patterns often means that these items are badly made or corrupted (which is the reason I very rarely download stuff from the exchange). If you rename the folder "The Sims 3", we will rule out any problems with corrupt CC/cache files/savegames.

Good luck ! And let us know how it went ! 

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14091

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbellz on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 20:14

Ok, I  just redid a freshly dl'd fix. It didn't work but I'm  bout  to install the latest ep, and do everything all over again- I'll report back

update - I just renamed by the sims folder in documents and it  is currently loading   - I think that part is fixed so thank you! what happens next? Are my downloads still there?

//EDIT

PROBLEM SOLVED!  THANKS  ALOT

pinkbellz
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 03 Nov 2013, 08:43

@pinkbellz wrote:Ok, I  just redid a freshly dl'd fix. It didn't work but I'm  bout  to install the latest ep, and do everything all over again- I'll report back

update - I just renamed by the sims folder in documents and it  is currently loading   - I think that part is fixed so thank you! what happens next? Are my downloads still there?

//EDIT

PROBLEM SOLVED!  THANKS  ALOT

OK, can you give me a an update - is your game really working now ? If so, do you need help with putting back in your old saves and other stuff ?

Last edited by Carlos G. on Sun 03 Nov 2013, 21:53; edited 2 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbellz on Sun 03 Nov 2013, 19:44

It'd be  nice to be  able to use my old saves but I've already just started a new game. I've lost most of my downloads, but so long as my game works, I'm cool with starting over. thanks for your help Smile

pinkbellz
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 03 Nov 2013, 21:52

@pinkbellz wrote:It'd be  nice to be  able to use my old saves but I've already just started a new game. I've lost most of my downloads, but so long as my game works, I'm cool with starting over. thanks for your help Smile

Your old stuff is not 'lost' actually; I mean if you still have your renamed "The Sims 3"-folder, you can try to 'experiment' a little. I use the word 'experiment' because I'm not 100% sure what caused your original problem. So..go to your renamed folder and copy the following folders:

Saves, Installed Worlds & DCCache. And then you paste all of this into your NEW "The Sims 3" folder. If you are prompted, choose "overwrite existing files/folders" for everything.

Start the game then and see if you get any problems. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum