error occurred during startup, please check log to see more details

View previous topic View next topic Go down

error occurred during startup, please check log to see more details

Post by CharlotteRawrx3 on Mon 04 Nov 2013, 20:51

Hello,
Im having trouble opening my launcher, I tried to update the game while installing the into the future expansion and my computer crashed after updating. When I opened the launcher to see if I was able to update the game I get the error “error occurred during start up, please check log to see more details”,  it appears all the expansions in the bottom including into the future but the version appears like “0.0.0.0”. I tried this: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t6052-error-during-startup-see-log-for-more-details-fix and it didn't work. I used the ultimate fix and I followed all the steps to install the game correctly and it worked until now.

I apologize  for my English! Thank you.

CharlotteRawrx3
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: error occurred during startup, please check log to see more details

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 04 Nov 2013, 23:03

@CharlotteRawrx3 wrote:Hello,
Im having trouble opening my launcher, I tried to update the game while installing the into the future expansion and my computer crashed after updating. When I opened the launcher to see if I was able to update the game I get the error “error occurred during start up, please check log to see more details”,  it appears all the expansions in the bottom including into the future but the version appears like “0.0.0.0”. I tried this: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t6052-error-during-startup-see-log-for-more-details-fix and it didn't work. I used the ultimate fix and I followed all the steps to install the game correctly and it worked until now.

I apologize  for my English! Thank you.
Hello,

Can you try re-doing the steps from 2 to 4 here ? http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

This means: re-apply that manual patch first, and then re-apply the "Ultimate fix". Good luck and let us know how it went !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14066

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlotteRawrx3 on Mon 04 Nov 2013, 23:07

thank you! I will try to do that, if it doesn't work i will just uninstall and re-install everything!

CharlotteRawrx3
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sims3hope on Tue 05 Nov 2013, 06:51

@CharlotteRawrx3 wrote:thank you! I will try to do that, if it doesn't work i will just uninstall and re-install everything!

That's unnecessary, usually the whole uninstalling. Un-installing and re-installing base game does the trick.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
sims3hope
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, COD Black Ops, Band of Brothers
Female Posts : 168

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum