Packages files not being detected

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Packages files not being detected

Post by BrokenFEMALE on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 23:19

I have noticed that even though I have alot of downloads in my Mods>Packages folder, for some reason the items are not showing up in my game anymore in the Buy/Build or CAS menus. What would cause the game to not detect/read the packages?

Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Tomb Raider, Devil May Cry, The Sims, God of War, Resident Evil
Female Posts : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Packages files not being detected

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 09 Nov 2013, 23:44

BrokenFEMALE wrote:I have noticed that even though I have alot of downloads in my Mods>Packages folder, for some reason the items are not showing up in my game anymore in the Buy/Build or CAS menus. What would cause the game to not detect/read the packages?

Hello,

http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/guides.html

I assume that at least some mods/CC items work ? If you followed the guide on how to install ".package" files, then there aren't too many explanations left.

One thing that comes to my mind then (assuming you did everything correctly when setting up the Mods/Packages folders), is that these items just don't work anymore with your current patch level, probably because they are outdated.

Another theoretical possibility is that your CC items were somehow "deactivated" during the patching process of the game. BEFORE patching the game and installing expansions/stuff packs, you should rename the folder "The Sims 3" (in My documents/Electronic Arts) into anything you like. After patching, rename it back to normal again.

You could try re-downloading some of your non-working items; and put the newly downloaded ones in the Packages folder, and replace the existing files.

Maybe another Helper can help you more with that though. Wat. 

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14441

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BrokenFEMALE on Sun 10 Nov 2013, 07:35

Yes I do see some of the stuff showing up in th game but not as much as I think I should see, being that my packages folder has alot of CC in it. Is it safe to do the patch again even though I already have? I can try to remane the Sims 3 folder, then change it back like you said after adding the patch again to see if that solves the problem.

Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Tomb Raider, Devil May Cry, The Sims, God of War, Resident Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 10 Nov 2013, 08:46

BrokenFEMALE wrote:Yes I do see some of the stuff showing up in th game but not as much as I think I should see, being that my packages folder has alot of CC in it. Is it safe to do the patch again even though I already have? I can try to remane the Sims 3 folder, then change it back like you said after adding the patch again to see if that solves the problem.
If your ".package" files were really 'modified' during patching, then your method is not going to work. What you basically do by this method is to just take out the 'damaged' CC for a while and put them back in. Wat. 

I'm sorry, but I don't feel I can add too much to what I already said before.

Could you 'live' without that CC ? Keep in mind this too: I personally avoid most user-made CC, because they tend to cause problems: so either they can't be installed at all, or they cause in-game trouble like lags, crashes and freezes. And of course, like I already said, some of them just don't work anymore with higher base game patch levels.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14441

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BrokenFEMALE on Tue 12 Nov 2013, 04:39

LOL I'm not sure if I can do without the CC because i like to make my Sims up nice and pretty and make each one unique. I have the Dashboard thing that shows the corrupt, conflict, ect files. I used that the other day and it found 4 conflict files and I deleted them via the Dashboard. Then I decided to also delete the few files I had recently downloaded which helped getting rid of the lag I was having. I did that plus a couple of the steps you gave me in my other topic.

Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum