Does the patch 1.63 really improves mac users' playing experience ? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does the patch 1.63 really improves mac users' playing experience ? [SOLVED]

Post by Occultine on Sun 10 Nov 2013, 22:47

Hello everybody ! I saw on the 1.63 patch description that they modified something mac-related to "improve stability" or something like that. Is there mac users here that installed this patch and saw a positive difference in the gaming experience ?

I'm currently playing on Windows via Bootcamp but it's not perfect because I'm lacking Ram, for some reason even though I have 4Gb installed and the 4Gb-fix I have only 2Gb available for Windows, so the game is crashing to desktop sometimes...
I don't want to lose hope about ever coming back to play on my Mac with the Sims...especially since I lack hard drive memory space on this partition and can't upgrade to a bigger hard drive yet Facepalm

Occultine
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Female Posts : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does the patch 1.63 really improves mac users' playing experience ? [SOLVED]

Post by Dieneryn on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 06:28

Hello there!

I did read somewhere that one of the users did have a better experience with Sims 3 on a mac with the 1.63 patch. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find that post now.

I used to have the same issue as you.. I ran out of space on my Windows partition and in the end I deleted bootcamp for Windows entirely. Very Happy

If perhaps you are having problems with installing on the mac due to lags and crashes, do let me know. I'm sure we can help you in some way. I managed to "clean" up my mac to run Sims 3 smoothly. I hope you get to enjoy that too!
Dieneryn
Posting Master
Posting Master

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs
Female Posts : 592

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does the patch 1.63 really improves mac users' playing experience ? [SOLVED]

Post by Occultine on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 15:01

Hello thanks for your answer Wink So it might improve a little... 
Yes ideally I would like to return to Mac even though the windows partition might come in handy for other games that won't run at all on mac !
I would be very interested in knowing how you managed to play smoothly without bootcamp, even though I read a lot of methods and possible solutions on this forum I never get to that, it kept crashing on me during game session, especially with "exception raised", classic WhatDidUJustCallMe?

To me "playing smoothly on mac" have yet to become something else than a urban legend lol

Occultine
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou-Ann on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 15:40

I don't know if it's related to the 1.63 patch, but my game used to crash to the desktop and I updated my game to 1.63 patch yesterday and I've been playing for four hours straight without any lag or crash.

Lou-Ann
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

Female Posts : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Occultine on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 16:28

That's very encouraging Wink thanks

Occultine
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn on Tue 12 Nov 2013, 01:47

Hey there Smile

For a start, do try out this set of instructions for install Sims 3 on a mac. It comes with a pdf guide that I have painstakingly written after testing out the installation on several macs Wink
If you follow it carefully, those errors should not appear.

HOW TO INSTALL THE SIMS 3 ON A MAC (simplified)

(Please click HERE for detailed instructions!)

* If you have previously installed The Sims 3 on your mac, please do a FULL and CLEAN uninstall before proceeding.

1) Install your base game.
2) *Update your base game to the latest version via the launcher's Game Updates tab. [Current: V1.63]
3) Unzip original Expansion Pack files with Stuffit Expander(Skip Steps 3 & 4 if you have downloaded your EPs in .iso or .dmg)
4) Create .dmg files of the EPs with Disk Utility.
5) Install EPs in order of release.
6) Apply the LATEST Ultimate Fix for Mac. (Use ONLY the two files in the main #Crack folder!)
7) Enjoy your game!

Again, if you are unsure about one of the steps, please view THIS GUIDE for images and detailed instructions!

* If the update fails via the launcher for some reason, please download the manual patch instead HERE.

Do let us know how it goes!! Very Happy
Dieneryn
Posting Master
Posting Master

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Occultine on Tue 12 Nov 2013, 03:25

Hello again Smile I found your guide just before reading this message. I always installed the game the right way except one thing: I used every file in the Fix, even non-crack ones because I wasn't sure about the others Wink 
I guess the guide that came with the Ultimate Fix wasn't clear enough for me on this point. Now I know for sure at least and I hope the game will be better without all the wrong "cracking" I did before... I reinstalled everything (= every EP except ITF) and will try to play for a while then I'll come back to tell you the results ! Fingers crossed !

Occultine
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 01:55

I see!! Well that is great to know! Do update us with your results Wink
Dieneryn
Posting Master
Posting Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Occultine on Sun 26 Jan 2014, 06:34

Sorry it took me so long to come back WhatDidUJustCallMe?
I've been able to play for some time on Mac without much trouble (only got one error 12 but I was playing for several hours) so I think the update works great Very Happy Even though my graphics stuttered and the animations were much slower than on Windows...

But now I've decided to play only on Windows (got a shiny new big HDD and installed Seven 64 bits yay!) so... thanks EA for patching the game for Mac users, but I still hate you for taking so long to do so !

Happy simming everyone and thank you for this wonderful forum !

Occultine
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn on Mon 27 Jan 2014, 17:29

Awesome! Enjoy your game! I'll close this topic now.  Wink
Dieneryn
Posting Master
Posting Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum