Unable to load CAS once it reaches outfits?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to load CAS once it reaches outfits?

Post by alltoowell on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 13:07

Hello Smile

I've searched in this forum and couldn't find a problem similar to mine, so here goes...

After installing ITF and updating to patch 1.63.5, I realized that I was able to load Edit Town and then go edit my buildings and stuff, but when it came to Create A Sim...the game would automatically have a pop up saying something about it needing to close and giving me two options: to terminate or to debug. Either one ends in the game automatically crashing once clicking the option. I've tried this with existing households and gameplay was fine and while CAS can also load for them, they had a similar error the minute I reached the outfit portion. I've never had this problem before, and I'm not really sure what to do...My specs don't bother the gameplay, and all my mods are updated. Help?

Here are my specs:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU P7550 @ 2.26GHz
Video card NVIDIA GeForce
VRAM 512 MB
Pixel Shader 4.0
DirectX 9.0c
RAM1.7 GB
OS Microsoft Windows XP (SP3)
Free space 85.7 GB


Thanks in advance! Smile Really looking forward to play once I bypass this strange error!

alltoowell
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 2
Points : 1441
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to load CAS once it reaches outfits?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 13 Nov 2013, 14:17

alltoowell wrote:Hello Smile

I've searched in this forum and couldn't find a problem similar to mine, so here goes...

After installing ITF and updating to patch 1.63.5, I realized that I was able to load Edit Town and then go edit my buildings and stuff, but when it came to Create A Sim...the game would automatically have a pop up saying something about it needing to close and giving me two options: to terminate or to debug. Either one ends in the game automatically crashing once clicking the option. I've tried this with existing households and gameplay was fine and while CAS can also load for them, they had a similar error the minute I reached the outfit portion. I've never had this problem before, and I'm not really sure what to do...My specs don't bother the gameplay, and all my mods are updated. Help?

Here are my specs:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU P7550 @ 2.26GHz
Video card NVIDIA GeForce
VRAM 512 MB
Pixel Shader 4.0
DirectX 9.0c
RAM1.7 GB
OS Microsoft Windows XP (SP3)
Free space 85.7 GB


Thanks in advance! Smile Really looking forward to play once I bypass this strange error!
Hello,

Can you try playing without any mods ? From my experience, I can tell that having the "latest" mods is no guarantee that the game will actually work. Also, after taking out the mods, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Look for the file scriptCache.package and delete it. Also, look for the folder Currentgame.sims 3 and delete ALL contents.

Re-start the game then and see if that made any difference. Let us know about your progress. Good luck !

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433
Points : 19157
Reputation : 2037
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to load CAS once it reaches outfits?

Post by alltoowell on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 08:10

Carlos G. wrote:Hello,

Can you try playing without any mods ? From my experience, I can tell that having the "latest" mods is no guarantee that the game will actually work. Also, after taking out the mods, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Look for the file scriptCache.package and delete it. Also, look for the folder Currentgame.sims 3 and delete ALL contents.

Re-start the game then and see if that made any difference. Let us know about your progress. Good luck !
Hello Carlos Smile I've done as you said and removed my mods, deleted the scriptCache.package and deleted everything in Currentgame.sims 3, but the problem is still there sadly. The error window that popped up said this:

The instruction at "0x00b9c07e" referenced memory at "0x0000000c". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program. Click on CANCEL to debug the program.

Does this mean it's a memory issue? At the time of the latest crash, I had about slightly over half of my memory freed up (I was keeping an eye on that in case if it was)

alltoowell
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 2
Points : 1441
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to load CAS once it reaches outfits?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 09:35

alltoowell wrote:Hello Carlos Smile I've done as you said and removed my mods, deleted the scriptCache.package and deleted everything in Currentgame.sims 3, but the problem is still there sadly. The error window that popped up said this:

The instruction at "0x00b9c07e" referenced memory at "0x0000000c". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program. Click on CANCEL to debug the program.

Does this mean it's a memory issue? At the time of the latest crash, I had about slightly over half of my memory freed up (I was keeping an eye on that in case if it was)
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that. Sad  Can you try the suggestions posted here ? http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013

If you plan on using the 4 GB patch, then double-click the patch and choose the TS3W.exe in the base game location.


Let me know if it worked ! Smile 

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433
Points : 19157
Reputation : 2037
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum