Cannot get a store world to install

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot get a store world to install

Post by Sarlat on Sat 16 Nov 2013, 01:27

Hey everyone. I tried searching for an answer to my problem for several days now, but I've been unsuccessful, so hopefully someone can help me out?

Basically, before downloading the base game and its expansions from this website, I used to play the game on a laptop. A few weeks ago I installed the game and its expansion packs on a much better computer, and successfully transferred all my cc and mods. Well, almost.

The thing is, I have several decrapped worlds that all load and work fine, but Monte Vista (which I purchased from the sims 3 online store) will always immediately crash and go back to the main menu when I try to load up my save game based in that world. I transferred everything in my installed worlds, worlds cache, and dc cache folders, so I don't know what else I can do to make it work.

So do any of you know whether I will have to download a decrapped version to be able to play it? That would suck, as I did a lot of work editing my monte vista world, but at this point it would just be great to know what to do. Thanks!

Sarlat
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot get a store world to install

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 16 Nov 2013, 02:37

@Sarlat wrote:Hey everyone. I tried searching for an answer to my problem for several days now, but I've been unsuccessful, so hopefully someone can help me out?

Basically, before downloading the base game and its expansions from this website, I used to play the game on a laptop. A few weeks ago I installed the game and its expansion packs on a much better computer, and successfully transferred all my cc and mods. Well, almost.

The thing is, I have several decrapped worlds that all load and work fine, but Monte Vista (which I purchased from the sims 3 online store) will always immediately crash and go back to the main menu when I try to load up my save game based in that world. I transferred everything in my installed worlds, worlds cache, and dc cache folders, so I don't know what else I can do to make it work.

So do any of you know whether I will have to download a decrapped version to be able to play it? That would suck, as I did a lot of work editing my monte vista world, but at this point it would just be great to know what to do. Thanks!
Hello,

Can you try deleting the contents of the "World Caches"-folder ? Then start the game again.

Other than that, try un-installing Monte Vista in the launcher, then re-install the world - with the launcher. See if that works and let me know ! Good luck !

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarlat on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 23:40

Hey Carlos,

Actually, the first time I selected my Monte Vista save game, I didn't even put in its world cache contents! Nevertheless, after deleting monte vista's world cache files I noticed that the monte vista world itself isn't in my launcher, even though I have "Monte Vista.world" in my InstalledWorlds folder. 

Therein must be the problem! Do you have any suggestions? I have no idea why it isn't the launcher. Thanks!

Sarlat
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 19 Nov 2013, 05:32

@Sarlat wrote:Hey Carlos,

Actually, the first time I selected my Monte Vista save game, I didn't even put in its world cache contents! Nevertheless, after deleting monte vista's world cache files I noticed that the monte vista world itself isn't in my launcher, even though I have "Monte Vista.world" in my InstalledWorlds folder. 

Therein must be the problem! Do you have any suggestions? I have no idea why it isn't the launcher. Thanks!
I just re-read your opening post, and..while it's good that you "transferred" DCCache and Installed Worlds, normally, the safest way would be to transfer the whole "The Sims 3" folder (even though the folder is often big).

Do you still have your "old" Libraries and Mods folders ? If so, try copying them into your current "The Sims 3" folder.

And are you actually playing on a Windows system or on a Mac ? I'm asking because the thing with the "WorldCaches" what you described shouldn't happen - at least not in Windows...?

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarlat on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 23:17

I play on windows 8, and I copied those files (library and mods) in their entirety into my new sims 3 folders too. It is strange indeed!

And yeah, I wanted to do that (transfer the whole sims 3 folder), but I was worried that since I played my game on steam that it might cause issues. Do you think the fact that I did play my game on steam is relevant to this issue? I did buy monte vista off the store though, so idk.

Last edited by Sarlat on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 23:19; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Wrote about the absence of a file, but noticed it was actually there)

Sarlat
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 22 Nov 2013, 00:37

@Sarlat wrote:I play on windows 8, and I copied those files (library and mods) in their entirety into my new sims 3 folders too. It is strange indeed!

And yeah, I wanted to do that (transfer the whole sims 3 folder), but I was worried that since I played my game on steam that it might cause issues. Do you think the fact that I did play my game on steam is relevant to this issue? I did buy monte vista off the store though, so idk.
I'm not familiar with the Sims 3 on the Steam-platform, but you might give it a try: so backup the current folder "The Sims 3", delete or rename it then, and then put in your old one.

Other than that, I'm not sure. I'm sorry for that. Wat.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum