Sims not aging & endless processing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims not aging & endless processing

Post by r0ario on Sat 16 Nov 2013, 16:25

Hi there! My Sims was running great for a while, until a number of things decided to just give up.

1. Aging
I have 1 toddler. It's her birthday. The auto-aging that usually happens towards the end of the day didn't happen. I tried the birthday cake--she'd blow out the candles, sit on the ground, the 'Have Birthday' action would appear for a second and then vanish, and then no aging. I tried testingcheatsenabled true, trigger age transition, but the same thing happened. I also tried resetsim, this did nothing as well.

I tried shift+click 'edit sim in cas', with intentions to just change her age to child, but the game would endlessly load cas, and I'd have to ctrl+alt+delete to get out of the game. (This plays into my next problem)

2. Processing
I read a bunch of forums of people with the same problem, fixing it by placing the family in a new town/game/house. I tried all of this, and each time I'd place a house, place the family, move the family, the game would begin 'processing' and never end. I fell asleep last night with the game processing a family's placement into a home and woke up nine hours later to it still going. 

I've done the Ultimate Fix, my game is up to date (I even re-updated it as it was up to date), cleared my cache, ran the game with no CC or mods, and yet this problem just really doesn't want to go away. The only thing that I know I haven't tried is a full re-installation. (Sigh)

I know for a fact G4TW rocks, so I figured it was time to finally stop looking at other threads and make my own. Sorry if this is a ton at once, but I'm super desperate at this point. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by r0ario on Sat 16 Nov 2013, 16:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Left out that I tried resetsim)
r0ario
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims not aging & endless processing

Post by J.T. on Sat 16 Nov 2013, 17:23

Do you have any mods/Custom Content? Remove them prior to doing what I will suggest below:

Download Master Controller here and install it. After that click on the sim you want to trigger aging transition and choose Nraas>>Master Controller>>Sim>>Moodlets>>Intermediate>>Trigger Age Transition.

As for processing problem, can you try installing a mod called Porter here. Pack your family according to this guide and try again: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t14129-tips-for-saving-your-corrupted-saves-including-error-12.

Good luck and let us know the result.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by r0ario on Sat 16 Nov 2013, 18:06

I downloaded both the mods, but sort of huge problem is that the family is only in my library, not in an active game anymore. I have no playable house with the family anymore, only versions with and without the lot saved in my library.

It's this way because before I had tried to in-game move the family to a new town, and doing that only worked up to the point where I had to select which lot I wanted them to move to. Then it processed a bit, the interface disappeared, and I was forced to quit the game. When that happened I actually quit from ctrl+shift+c so it did ask me if I wanted to save, and I hit yes, but evidently it didn't save the family in a home.

Does that make sense? I hope so. 

Does the fact that I have no playable version of the (maybe) corrupted family remove any chances of fixing this? 

Thanks for the reply.
r0ario
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Sat 16 Nov 2013, 18:21

I think the last resort is to rename the folder C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, run the game/launcher and then move the folder Library back to the newly generated folder.

I believe there are no other solutions regarding to this problem if the above solution doesn't work. Wat. Maybe you should just leave it be and move on with a new save?

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by r0ario on Sat 16 Nov 2013, 19:09

Unfortunately that didn't work. I'll just start up a new game. Thanks for all your help though! I'm confident what you'd said before would've worked if my game wasn't in the library. Smile
r0ario
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content