"Error during startup. See log for more details." fix. (doesn't work for me) [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Error during startup. See log for more details." fix. (doesn't work for me) [SOLVED]

Post by amelie89 on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 23:39

Hi,

I've installed the Sims 3 Into the Future (first updated to patch 1.63) and I've copied the files from the crack folder to the right location (bin of the base game). Sadly it still didn't work, I got the ''enter disc'' error. I uninstalled the game because I wanted to play the Sims with or without the newest expansion, but then I got ''error during start up, see log for more details'' error. I've seen this page: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t6052-error-during-startup-see-log-for-more-details-fix and as far as I know I did all the things I had to do. When I was in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims there wasn't a map for the Sims 3 Into the Future, so I suppose that means that I've uninstalled it correctly and all the files were removed (?).

I've installed the Sims 3 Into the Future again, and now also get the ''error during start up, see log for more details'' when I want to open the Sims launcher (I also can't open the game with the TS3EP11 shortcut that skips the launcher).

I really don't know what I should do right now. I've re downloaded the manual patch, applied the ultimate fix at least 4 times, but still get the ''Error during startup, see log for more details'' error..

I hope anyone can help me with this!

The Sims 3 plumbob

amelie89
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Error during startup. See log for more details." fix. (doesn't work for me) [SOLVED]

Post by Feliseda on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 04:42

Did you download and install the Ultimate Fix? Make sure to read the entire install Thread maybe you missed a step.

Feliseda
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Error during startup. See log for more details." fix. (doesn't work for me) [SOLVED]

Post by Sephymuffins on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 06:03

Hello,

As Feliseda said, did you originally use the #Crack contents within the Ultimate Fix.rar to "crack" your game, or did you use the #Crack within the expansion pack's .rar?  Those two things are completely different.

What I would advise you to do is RE-install Into the Future, then apply the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix once more.  PLEASE ensure that you have an up to date Ultimate Fix, too, as some people have gotten ahold of an outdated Fix and had many, many problems.  You can check the date of your Ultimate Fix by opening the .pdf within the Ultimate Fix's .rar.  If the date says 31-10-2013, then you're good.

Let us know your progress.

Happy Simming.  The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.
Female Posts : 582

View user profile http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by amelie89 on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 18:48

Hi,

I have used the crack within the expansionpacks .rar but got the error, then I used the crack from the (most recent) ultimate fix and still got the error.. But aren't these cracks the same by the way? Since the
TSW3 is 14.171 KB and TSLHost.dll is 5.291 KB in both the ultimate fix and the expansion pack's crack. 

I've just re-installed the Sims into the future, then applied the manual patch again, and used the ultimate fix.. Got the error again Sad..

amelie89
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 18:54

amelie89 wrote:Hi,

I've installed the Sims 3 Into the Future (first updated to patch 1.63) and I've copied the files from the crack folder to the right location (bin of the base game). Sadly it still didn't work, I got the ''enter disc'' error. I uninstalled the game because I wanted to play the Sims with or without the newest expansion, but then I got ''error during start up, see log for more details'' error. I've seen this page: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t6052-error-during-startup-see-log-for-more-details-fix and as far as I know I did all the things I had to do. When I was in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims there wasn't a map for the Sims 3 Into the Future, so I suppose that means that I've uninstalled it correctly and all the files were removed (?).

I've installed the Sims 3 Into the Future again, and now also get the ''error during start up, see log for more details'' when I want to open the Sims launcher (I also can't open the game with the TS3EP11 shortcut that skips the launcher).

I really don't know what I should do right now. I've re downloaded the manual patch, applied the ultimate fix at least 4 times, but still get the ''Error during startup, see log for more details'' error..

I hope anyone can help me with this!

The Sims 3 plumbob
Hello,

If you have a 32-bit system, the registry location is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Sims. (the video you linked to is for 64-bit systems).

If that doesn't help, you should try a clean un-install. Follow this topic here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Re-boot the computer after un-installing. Then, re-install the games. Make sure to follow this topic here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck and let us know your result ! Smile

//EDIT

And no, these cracks are NOT the same. Wink  Please use the LATEST Ultimate fix. Before you un-install though, you can try to do the steps from 2 to 4 in the "must read"-guide I posted above. If these steps don't help, then there is nothing that comes to my mind, besides a proper un-install.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14475

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amelie89 on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 20:21

First removed all the Sims games, now just started to re install everything, with the 3rd expansion I get the error that the Sims 3 is damaged so it can't be installed.. Never had this stupid error before Evil or Very Mad  #%@*!&4$. 

God, I'm totally fed up with this Crying or Very sad.

amelie89
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 20:50

amelie89 wrote:First removed all the Sims games, now just started to re install everything, with the 3rd expansion I get the error that the Sims 3 is damaged so it can't be installed.. Never had this stupid error before Evil or Very Mad  #%@*!&4$. 

God, I'm totally fed up with this Crying or Very sad.
Please make sure you're extracting the files to a folder (in other words, extract the contents of the .rar file into a blank, new folder).  Try doing this once more, then attempt to install that 3rd expansion pack.
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Back to top Go down

Post by amelie89 on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 20:51

I did that Sad

amelie89
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 20:55

amelie89 wrote:I did that Sad
What exactly does the error say?  Have you attempted to delete the entire .rar file and redownload it (via whatever torrenting program you have)?  It may be that files inside the .rar are corrupt.  This could be due to a number of things, but you may want to try redownloading to be sure.
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by amelie89 on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 20:57

Maybe I'll try that tomorrow, really done with it for now.
It's just weird because I've used the exact same rar files earlier to install the expansions & stuff packs, and I've never had any problem.

// Helper Edit:  Please don't forget to edit your posts!  Smile

It works Ermahgerd!

I got a lot of errors during the installations, but finally all the expansions are installed. I don't understand why it does work now, but I'm fine with it Smile

-  Sephymuffins

Moderator edit: *Helper edit Wink  I edited that, since you are - strictly speaking - a Helper, and not a Moderator.

- Carlos

amelie89
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Fri 22 Nov 2013, 00:16

Hello,

I'm glad it ended up working for you!  Do you mind telling me what errors you got, however, during installation?

Happy Simming! The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by amelie89 on Fri 22 Nov 2013, 00:34

The errors started around expansion pack 6 or something. I opened the set up file and first the game needed an update, after that I got the error. 

I don't remember the exact words, I'm sorry. But it just said something like that the installation couldn't be continued due to an error. Then the set up closed, and I got a pop up that said there might be something wrong with the file and I clicked on continue anyway (just something like that). Well, I just opened the file again, now the game didn't have to be updated anymore, and then I could install it without any problems. This happened every time with the following expansions. 

When I wanted to install the Sims ''Island Paradise'' and the ''Movie Stuff'' expansions I got an error before he updated the game so I could not install them at all. I've installed them after Into the Future, I didn't get any errors then.

Pretty weird Smile. Have never had this before, while I've used the same files..

amelie89
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Fri 22 Nov 2013, 00:50

amelie89 wrote:The errors started around expansion pack 6 or something. I opened the set up file and first the game needed an update, after that I got the error. 

I don't remember the exact words, I'm sorry. But it just said something like that the installation couldn't be continued due to an error. Then the set up closed, and I got a pop up that said there might be something wrong with the file and I clicked on continue anyway (just something like that). Well, I just opened the file again, now the game didn't have to be updated anymore, and then I could install it without any problems. This happened every time with the following expansions. 

When I wanted to install the Sims ''Island Paradise'' and the ''Movie Stuff'' expansions I got an error before he updated the game so I could not install them at all. I've installed them after Into the Future, I didn't get any errors then.

Pretty weird Smile. Have never had this before, while I've used the same files..
Hello,

While they may appear to be 'bigger' errors, thankfully, those errors you kept getting are normal.  I, myself, got the same problem when attempting to install any expansion after I installed The Sims 3 (the base-game).  What the problem is, is what it literally is telling you.  The game needs to be updated but when it tries to on its own, it fails.  You got lucky, however!  Mine never went away until I did in fact update it.

If you go here:  http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly, you'll see that under Step #1 in italics it says, "If you get an update error when trying to install any of the expansions, do step 2 first and then continue with step 1 again.
What that basically means is, install the basegame and if any expansion tries to update but fails, use the Manual Patch first then attempt to reinstall the expansion that was giving you trouble.  When you do this, the error not only goes away, but you won't have to use the Manual Patcher at the end of installing all of your expansions - all you'd need to do is after you've installed everything you want, simply apply the Ultimate Fix.

Before I close the topic, is there any other questions you may have or outstanding issues you would like to address?  Smile
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by amelie89 on Fri 22 Nov 2013, 00:54

Ah okay, I installed the manual patch in the end, so guess that was the problem Wink
I don't have any other questions Wink, thanks Smile.

amelie89
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Fri 22 Nov 2013, 01:59

amelie89 wrote:Ah okay, I installed the manual patch in the end, so guess that was the problem Wink
I don't have any other questions Wink, thanks Smile.
Great!  Glad your situation was resolved and have fun playing!  The Sims Plumbob 1 

TOPIC CLOSED.

- Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum