Unable to create a restore point!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Unable to create a restore point!

Post by scarletrose on Wed 20 Nov 2013, 13:38

Sorry, A screen shot of what?

I'm trying this method now, fingers crossed it helps. 
:EDIT: Hmm system restore has been trying to 'create a restore point' for about the last 20 minutes.  Think it's safe to say it's not going to work lol.

Any other suggestions? Still not solved.

scarletrose
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:20

@scarletrose wrote:Okay thanks.  I've tried this and both of them are set to automatic.  However after trying to create a restore point the volume shadow copy service stops working and states 'stopping' as its status...
@J.T. wrote:Can you post a screenshot to let me have a look?
This...

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:34

Please try to shut down your antivirus/firewall during the backup process.
Does it help?

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scarletrose on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:47

Okay, well since adding that thing in the registry It just says creating restore point forever, but doesn't actually create it at all...  I've just tried doing it with all the antivirus software turned off and still it doesn't create a restore point...

Any other suggestions? Desperate to find a solution because I currently have no backup of my OS..
scarletrose
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Skyrim, Diablo 3, DayZ, COD Black OPs, Sims 2, Mario Kart Wii
Female Posts : 139

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 27 Nov 2013, 16:13

@scarletrose wrote:Okay, well since adding that thing in the registry It just says creating restore point forever, but doesn't actually create it at all...  I've just tried doing it with all the antivirus software turned off and still it doesn't create a restore point...

Any other suggestions? Desperate to find a solution because I currently have no backup of my OS..
Just a small "moderating" sidenote: you would have been better off to make a new topic in THIS case, instead of editing your opening post. Now, the whole topic is extremely confusing to read...

Concerning the problem, go to the System Control Panel, then: System and security -> Administrative tools. Double-click on Services.

Now, look for Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider and double-click on it. In the "Startup type", change the option to "Automatic". Click on Apply, then OK.

Back in the Services window, scroll farther down for Volume Shadow Copy, and do the same as above (change option to automatic). Click on Apply, then OK.

Close all windows. Now I suggest you re-boot the computer, after which you try again to create a restore point.

If that doesn't work, then I'm unsure. You might want to consult a more "specialized" site for that; or you can wait for another Helper/Mod/Admin for advice. In either case, good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum