Into the future.. No Community Living Center error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Into the future.. No Community Living Center error

Post by blackfliess on Wed 20 Nov 2013, 20:53

Hello,

I've tried googling and posting to several different places but I haven't been able to find the right solution for my problem. I recently installed Into the Future and it works until I get to the future and try to play.. my sims don't end up at a community living center (in fact.. I can't even play them because they don't even show up!) where they're suppose to; When the town loads it treats it like it would any other regular town and asks me which family I'd like to play/move-in (So exactly like it would in Edit Town mode, the sim I sent to the future isn't an option) and when I hit return to game it tells me I can't play because there isn't a community living center and I must make one. I have the lot but my game refuses to recognize it as the Community Living Center! I've renaming the lot, changing the lot type, clearing my cache, I've tried re-installing and re-cracking several times and nothing works.

Also the lot that's suppose to be the Living Center was set to 'No Visitors Allowed' but even setting it to 'Visitors Allowed' or anything similar still doesn't work.. so strange.

Any suggestions? It's driving me nuts that I can't figure out whats wrong.

Edit: Forgot to say I'm running Windows 8.1 if that means anything to you!
blackfliess
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, The Sims 4, Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Far Cry 4, Saints Row, Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell, Borderlands, COD, League of Legends,
Female Posts : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Into the future.. No Community Living Center error

Post by Sephymuffins on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 00:47

Hello,

Are you attempting to run the game with CC or mods?  You may want to try testing your game without any custom content whatsoever.  You can just drag and drop the folders that have CC or mods in them to your desktop, then load the game.

Let us know if that helps.

Happy Simming.  The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.
Female Posts : 582

View user profile http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by blackfliess on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 01:06

Good suggestion!

I just tried that and it didn't change anything though unfortunately so it isn't a cc/mod problem.
blackfliess
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, The Sims 4, Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Far Cry 4, Saints Row, Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell, Borderlands, COD, League of Legends,

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 01:11

@blackfliess wrote:Good suggestion!

I just tried that and it didn't change anything though unfortunately so it isn't a cc/mod problem.
This "travelling system" is heavily glitched (it's been like this for quite a while now), and if Sephy's suggestions don't help you, there's not much left to suggest I'm afraid. The thing you describe is a known bug, and EA doesn't seem to be able to correct it. Rolling Eyes

As a last resort, try installing the LATEST version of the "NRAAS_Traveler"-mod. Then travel again to the future.

If That doesn't help either, then I'm afraid I can't help any further. Wat. 

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14087

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blackfliess on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 01:43

I've just installed that so I'll give it a go!

Thanks!
blackfliess
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 16:06

@blackfliess wrote:I've just installed that so I'll give it a go!

Thanks!
I forgot to mention something, though:

Should it NOT work, exit the game (without saving). Re-start the game and save it, while you are in your hometown. Then, try again travelling into the future. Let us know if that worked. Good luck ! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blackfliess on Fri 22 Nov 2013, 04:07

Carlos G. wrote:
@blackfliess wrote:I've just installed that so I'll give it a go!

Thanks!
I forgot to mention something, though:

Should it NOT work, exit the game (without saving). Re-start the game and save it, while you are in your hometown. Then, try again travelling into the future. Let us know if that worked. Good luck ! Smile
The mod solves the no community living centre on first launch but not if I go back into 'Edit Town' mode but whatever I'll just have exit to menu and reenter the world so that issue is solved. (Hooray!)

However I get the option to change the Traveler Mods settings but never get the interaction to travel anywhere no matter how many times I save my game or exit and restart + save. Also somehow I'm stuck in the future so I cannot go back to my hometown (the present).

Why sims whyyyyy. Shocked
blackfliess
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:11

First of all, remove all your CC/Mods. And start a new save with fresh new vanilla copy of the game.

I strongly suspect that your CC/Mods have destroyed the teleporting system of the old saves.

Anyway, good luck and let us know the result.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 22 Nov 2013, 14:52

@blackfliess wrote:The mod solves the no community living centre on first launch but not if I go back into 'Edit Town' mode but whatever I'll just have exit to menu and reenter the world so that issue is solved. (Hooray!)

However I get the option to change the Traveler Mods settings but never get the interaction to travel anywhere no matter how many times I save my game or exit and restart + save. Also somehow I'm stuck in the future so I cannot go back to my hometown (the present).

Why sims whyyyyy. Shocked
And this is what I mentioned before about the glitchy travel system...

I also travelled to the future and got stuck there. But my sister (who plays on the same computer than I do) actually managed to travel back. I realized that when I played in the future, a pop-up appeared saying something like "the time-space continuum got broken...", though I'm not sure if that is important.

Can you install the latest version of NRAAS_Master Controller ? After that, click on the town hall logo, in town view, then NRAAS -> Master Controller -> Town -> Reset everything.

The reset will take a little while. Now, use the option "save as.." and choose a NEW name for the savegame. Exit to the main menu and choose that new save. Now, try travelling back again, with the time portal.

See if that helps you and let us know ! Smile

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum