Odd launching issues, please help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Odd launching issues, please help!

Post by kalikitty52 on Wed 20 Nov 2013, 22:18

Hello I need major help, I have already done the fix and manual patch. I have also uninstalled everything and re-installed it. My problem is that I cant get the game to actually open up, I can open the launcher but when I go to click the play button nothing happens. I also tried opening it with the TS3w file. I had the game up and running the first time I played it but then it wouldn't work after I installed university life. That might be the issue but I don't know for sure. I tried looking up my problem but couldn't find anything so thats why I'm making a post about it. I would really really appreciate the help because I've wanted to play this for the longest time and G4TW's sims 3 is the only sims torrent that I have even come close to being able to play.

The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1  Help
kalikitty52
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Odd launching issues, please help!

Post by Sephymuffins on Wed 20 Nov 2013, 23:05

kalikitty52 wrote:Hello I need major help, I have already done the fix and manual patch. I have also uninstalled everything and re-installed it. My problem is that I cant get the game to actually open up, I can open the launcher but when I go to click the play button nothing happens. I also tried opening it with the TS3w file. I had the game up and running the first time I played it but then it wouldn't work after I installed university life. That might be the issue but I don't know for sure. I tried looking up my problem but couldn't find anything so thats why I'm making a post about it. I would really really appreciate the help because I've wanted to play this for the longest time and G4TW's sims 3 is the only sims torrent that I have even come close to being able to play.

The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims Plumbob 1  Help
Hello,

First what I'd advise, is to restart your PC.  Whenever you uninstall any program, you need to reboot your computer just because some files/options/programs are usually still on your PC and/or running in the background without your knowledge.  No one really tells you this, especially when you're not very use to doing involved maintenance PC-wise.

Once you restart your pc, could you please open the Ultimate Fix.rar and then pull up the .pdf file inside?  Please let me know what date you see.  If it is not 31-10-2013, please redownload the ultimate fix by one of the mirror links here:  http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems.  Once you re-download, please reapply the manual patch and then reapply the new, updated ultimate fix to your game.  Then try testing the game out to see if it will work.

Keep in mind, too, that sometimes it can take a moment to boot up once you pull the launcher up and hit the play button.  It takes mine a minute to load up, even.  Also realize that you should try testing your game without any mods or custom content, as well.  

Let us know your progress, and happy simming!  The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.
Female Posts : 582

View user profile http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by kalikitty52 on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 06:22

I did all that and it still won't work. Could it be my computer? And after I sent this I tried to open it again and then I was like maybe I should try opening it some other way, so I opened the file for university life and it opened and loaded. I was able to play it for a few hours before I left my computer to do something, long enough for the computer to fall asleep, but I came back and it crashed. I haven't been able to get it up sense then. Maybe that inormation will help and I did the instructions you told me after all this happened. Thank you for helping me too :3
kalikitty52
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 09:30

Please try to,clear your cache!

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:17

I started a screen sharing section few days ago with you, but your problem still remained unsolved?

Either way, if any of their methods doesn't work at all. I suspect your graphic driver isn't up-to-date. Please update your graphic drivers and let us know the result!

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 20:14

Hi there,

You click the "Play" button on the Launcher, the Launcher closes but the game never starts. Is this correct?

If so, can you kindly send a screenshot of this folder, preferably in "Details" view mode: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin  (With all the files visible, please)

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by kalikitty52 on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 20:54

kalikitty52
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 20:56

Problem being taken care of via the Forum's Chatbox.

To be continued...

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum