error message! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

error message! [SOLVED]

Post by dhtjsud on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 19:01

I tried to just install the The Sims 3 pets since I have the base game already but somehow it didn't work, everytime I try to start the game it says "error during startup, please see log for details." So I uninstalled everything and reinstall the whole thing from step 1 from http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly.

Details while downloading, I ignore all the #crack until the ultimate fix, EXCEPT world adventures because the installation guide said open regedit and change the SKU to 2, I can't find it in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3 but I found it in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3 and I changed the SKU to 2.

I followed the guide up till step 3 in the world adventure installation guide then skip everything till step 8 which is just run the setup cause I remember you say we may skip all the crack and I didn't crack anything before I think i can't turn on the launcher to update the game.
After that I continue with the rest of the download like ambitions and stuff.

Then I follow the steps in the how to install sims 3 correctly till the last step which is replace the exe. and .dll file, but when I start the game, same thing happen "error during startup please see log for details." if I try to start without the launcher it says "unable to start game, service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)."

HELP!!!! I don't know what's wrong >.<Help  and thank you. :newfag:

dhtjsud
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: error message! [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 19:38

dhtjsud wrote:I tried to just install the The Sims 3 pets since I have the base game already but somehow it didn't work, everytime I try to start the game it says "error during startup, please see log for details." So I uninstalled everything and reinstall the whole thing from step 1 from http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly.

Details while downloading, I ignore all the #crack until the ultimate fix, EXCEPT world adventures because the installation guide said open regedit and change the SKU to 2, I can't find it in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3 but I found it in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3 and I changed the SKU to 2.

I followed the guide up till step 3 in the world adventure installation guide then skip everything till step 8 which is just run the setup cause I remember you say we may skip all the crack and I didn't crack anything before I think i can't turn on the launcher to update the game.
After that I continue with the rest of the download like ambitions and stuff.

Then I follow the steps in the how to install sims 3 correctly till the last step which is replace the exe. and .dll file, but when I start the game, same thing happen "error during startup please see log for details." if I try to start without the launcher it says "unable to start game, service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)."

HELP!!!! I don't know what's wrong >.<Help  and thank you. :newfag:
//MOVED

Hello,

First of all, you should not follow the guides in the expansions, since they are outdated (the thing with the registry change in World Adventures is an exception). Alwways follow these rules here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Back to your actual problem: please have a look at this video here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t6052-error-during-startup-see-log-for-more-details-fix

Good luck and let me know if it worked ! Smile 

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14423

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: error message! [SOLVED]

Post by dhtjsud on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 21:52

THE LOG THING DISAPPEAR!! THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!! can't thank you more Hammertime

Moderator edit: I assume the problem is solved then. Smile  If you run into other problem, feel free to open a new topic here. Happy simming ! This topic is closed.

- Carlos

dhtjsud
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum