Island Paradise not working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Island Paradise not working

Post by marieerang on Sat 23 Nov 2013, 16:49

Hey! I downloaded Island Paradise a few days ago and I still don't know why it doesn't work. I did everything EXACTLY as described, but it still doesn't work. At first the game didn't open without the disk, but after a re-dowload of The Ultimate Fix it started the game. But when I try to start a new game or play in a saved game, then it loads for like 3 hours. The loading screen moves and all that, but the game just doesn't start. So I looked at some other threads with the same problem and they all said, that if they downloaded the Ultimate Fix, that was updated on the 30th or 31st (don't remember which) of october, then it worked. So I tried, but absolutely however I downloaded it, it always gave me the one, that said that it was updated on 23/10. So I'm stuck and I even asked my boyfriend, who also downloaded The Island Paradise from games4theworld, and his worked. He told me, that he did everything exactly the same way. Also I don't know if this is essential information to find a solution to the problem or not, but the base game and Late Night are both bought and then I downloaded Seasons at the same time as Island Paradise. So anyway, if someone could help me, I would be thankful as hell Smile

marieerang
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, League of Legends, World of Warcraft
Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Island Paradise not working

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 23 Nov 2013, 18:32

marieerang wrote:Hey! I downloaded Island Paradise a few days ago and I still don't know why it doesn't work. I did everything EXACTLY as described, but it still doesn't work. At first the game didn't open without the disk, but after a re-dowload of The Ultimate Fix it started the game. But when I try to start a new game or play in a saved game, then it loads for like 3 hours. The loading screen moves and all that, but the game just doesn't start. So I looked at some other threads with the same problem and they all said, that if they downloaded the Ultimate Fix, that was updated on the 30th or 31st (don't remember which) of october, then it worked. So I tried, but absolutely however I downloaded it, it always gave me the one, that said that it was updated on 23/10. So I'm stuck and I even asked my boyfriend, who also downloaded The Island Paradise from games4theworld, and his worked. He told me, that he did everything exactly the same way. Also I don't know if this is essential information to find a solution to the problem or not, but the base game and Late Night are both bought and then I downloaded Seasons at the same time as Island Paradise. So anyway, if someone could help me, I would be thankful as hell Smile
Hello,

I just tested both links for the Ultimate fix (main link + alternative mirror), and there is nothing wrong with them. My game loads perfectly...Do you have any mods ? If so, remove ALL of them. Then, look for the file scriptCache.package (in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3) and delete it.

Also, look on Piratebay for the tool "GameBooster", which can help optimize your computer's performance.

Moreover, you can try freeing up some space on your hard-drive and even defragment the drive.

Let us know the outcome !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14450

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marieerang on Sat 23 Nov 2013, 19:13

Carlos G. wrote:
marieerang wrote:Hey! I downloaded Island Paradise a few days ago and I still don't know why it doesn't work. I did everything EXACTLY as described, but it still doesn't work. At first the game didn't open without the disk, but after a re-dowload of The Ultimate Fix it started the game. But when I try to start a new game or play in a saved game, then it loads for like 3 hours. The loading screen moves and all that, but the game just doesn't start. So I looked at some other threads with the same problem and they all said, that if they downloaded the Ultimate Fix, that was updated on the 30th or 31st (don't remember which) of october, then it worked. So I tried, but absolutely however I downloaded it, it always gave me the one, that said that it was updated on 23/10. So I'm stuck and I even asked my boyfriend, who also downloaded The Island Paradise from games4theworld, and his worked. He told me, that he did everything exactly the same way. Also I don't know if this is essential information to find a solution to the problem or not, but the base game and Late Night are both bought and then I downloaded Seasons at the same time as Island Paradise. So anyway, if someone could help me, I would be thankful as hell Smile
Hello,

I just tested both links for the Ultimate fix (main link + alternative mirror), and there is nothing wrong with them. My game loads perfectly...Do you have any mods ? If so, remove ALL of them. Then, look for the file scriptCache.package (in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3) and delete it.

Also, look on Piratebay for the tool "GameBooster", which can help optimize your computer's performance.

Moreover, you can try freeing up some space on your hard-drive and even defragment the drive.

Let us know the outcome !

Thanks, but I already deleted my mods and I have no idea, why do I still keep getting the wrong ultimate fix. I tried again, for the 33484392483294th time, but it still gives me the wrong one. Also I have a gamebooster. So idk what's wrong Sad

Smile

marieerang
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, League of Legends, World of Warcraft
Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 23 Nov 2013, 19:20

marieerang wrote:
Thanks, but I already deleted my mods and I have no idea, why do I still keep getting the wrong ultimate fix. I tried again, for the 33484392483294th time, but it still gives me the wrong one. Also I have a gamebooster. So idk what's wrong Sad

Smile
Well, what should I say then ? I tested both links before and my game loads with no problems at all (it takes a little less than 5 minutes though, due to my big house and 8 sims living in there).

Please try removing the whole folder "The Sims 3", in My Documents/Electronic Arts. It's enough if you rename the folder into anything you like. Re-start the game then.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14450

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum