Into the Future - Service Intitizlation failed 0x024e424f

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Into the Future - Service Intitizlation failed 0x024e424f

Post by sophiep on Mon 02 Dec 2013, 05:23

Please help! I recently installed Into the Future and have been played it for a few days. this morning I was sick of the EA Download Update manager coming up so I installed the newest version. After this everytime I try to open the sims it was saying no files were found! Literally all of my files were gone and I freaked out because I didnt want to have to redownload them all. I performed a system recovery to a few days ago just before I installed Into the Future. After doing this I re-installed into the future and the error came up! I can open the launcher but when i click play the screen will go black and then this message will pop up! :(I looked at the ultimate fix guide and followed it, apart from I skipped the manual update because it said my game was up to date, as I only downloaded the newest version a few weeks ago.

Can anyone, someone, please help me! I have some CC installed, just downloaded offline. I have never had issues with it affecting the game. I am going into school holidays now and NEED the sims to survive the summer break! I don't know a heap of technical computer stuff Facepalm  so if some of it could be put into dummy language that would be great!

//EDIT: Also I am currently downloading the manual patch to try that as I am at my wits ends! 

//EDIT2: So I installed the manual patch because it asked me to over-write it, and put the #crack files in the correct folder....it was thinking about it so so hard but then it came up with the same message, however the numbers changed to 0x039e8474...

sophiep
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Into the Future - Service Intitizlation failed 0x024e424f

Post by Shamrock on Mon 02 Dec 2013, 09:22

Hello,
Please, do not double-post, as this is prohibited by the Forum Rules.
Please download CCleaner, and use both the Cleaner and the Registry fix.
Then see if it helps...

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Mon 02 Dec 2013, 11:50

Hello,

This one is usually either an outdated mod, or an outdated crack.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sophiep on Mon 02 Dec 2013, 12:22

I have cleaned everything with CCleaner :)And how do I go about fixing outdated things?

sophiep
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Mon 02 Dec 2013, 12:30

Check on the websites of the mods you downloaded, and if there is a new version available you should replace the old one with this new one.
Also, make sure you have the latest Store Fixes, and the latest Ultimate Fix...

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sophiep on Mon 02 Dec 2013, 13:09

I don't download mods at all, only custom content (is this the same thing??) and the ultimate fix is the latest one.

sophiep
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Mon 02 Dec 2013, 13:13

@sophiep wrote:I don't download mods at all, only custom content (is this the same thing??) and the ultimate fix is the latest one.
To ensure that the Ultimate Fix you have is the latest one, please open the Ultimate Fix and check if the date of modification of the folder #crack is 18/10 or not.

Also can you open C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\skuversion.txt and copy and paste the content to your post? Also remove all of your Custom Content (namely the content of the folder C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache and C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods (if you have this folder).

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sophiep on Tue 03 Dec 2013, 02:45

@J.T. wrote:
@sophiep wrote:I don't download mods at all, only custom content (is this the same thing??) and the ultimate fix is the latest one.
To ensure that the Ultimate Fix you have is the latest one, please open the Ultimate Fix and check if the date of modification of the folder #crack is 18/10 or not.

Also can you open C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\skuversion.txt and copy and paste the content to your post? Also remove all of your Custom Content (namely the content of the folder C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache and C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods (if you have this folder).

The ultimate fix is 18/10 Smile  All of my custom content is gone from the DCcache, I only had one file which was misisngdeps.idx ..... and no mods folder. Here is the txt:

GameVersion = 1.63.5.024002
Code:0.RL-2.0.205
Asset:1.Content.rl.39
Thumbnails:1.Thumbnail.dl.933
TCC:1.TCC.dl.1209

sophiep
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Tue 03 Dec 2013, 13:30

What I have on my mind right now is that you should rename the folder C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. If that doesn't help, visit this site to initate a clean reinstallation: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: