Graphic Problem here :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Graphic Problem here :(

Post by MelissaHanung on Tue 03 Dec 2013, 22:24

Hello! This is my second thread here (also my second post >,<)

I have a problem as follows:

I'm using windows 8.1. The Sims 3 (world adventure) does not recognize my graphic card, hence I tried the Wiki on "Game_Help:Getting_new_graphics_cards_recognized_by_the_game"

Problem is my device config log only stated:
=== Options ===
=== Default Options ===

So I click properties on TS3W and set "compatibilty to windows XP service pack 3" and it apparently solve the problem. I can get proper deviceconfig.log entry and I can follow the guide, and get the game to recognize my graphic card.

But then the view (on fullscreen mode) gets darker Sad

So I unchecked the "compatibility mode" *in the hope that as I already edited the SGR files it won't be problem*

But it IS a problem, because the Sims 3 revert back to NOT be able recognize my graphic card.

I put all exe files in both folders The sims 3 and The sims world adventure to DEP exception. My graphic card is AMD 7700.

Please kindly advice, thank you so much in advance... When worse comes to worst I think I'll just play it on window mode,, though it doesn't look as beautiful.
(I must add that when I played only the base game (without World Adventure), I didn't have this kind of problem. I could play normally, I can change graphic settings as highest as possible and the fullscreen mode's not getting darker)

MelissaHanung
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Graphic Problem here :(

Post by Sephymuffins on Wed 04 Dec 2013, 03:14

Hello,

One thing I would recommend you try, is to actually install another expansion!  As weird as that sounds, there is good reason why I suggest it.  I'd recommend installing one of these expansion:   Into the Future, Movie Stuff, Island Paradise, University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations.
*  You can find them here:  http://pirateproxy.net/user/games4theworld/0/7

Once you install one, add that specific expansion to DEP (like you already did with the base-game and WA).  After DEP is set up, please follow the steps 2 through 5 from here:  http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

When you go to test your game, right-click on whatever .exe file you use to boot up your game/launcher and select 'Run as Administrator'.  You can either run it still in windowed mode or fullscreen, whichever you feel better testing with (I'd recommend windowed since your game runs faster).  

Let us know your progress!  Smile

Happy Simming and good luck.  The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.
Female Posts : 582

View user profile http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by MelissaHanung on Wed 04 Dec 2013, 06:48

Thanks for responding!

But ohmygawdd 1.6 GB?? xD~ 
It's too big for me *I bought the piracy DVD games, not downloading them* not-so-superior internet connection here Wink

But I did install ambition/ late night/ and generation just now. Probably I'll download the 1.6 GB patch later but it's not priority,, I decided I'll keep using window mode i/o fullscreen to keep the brightness (for now). Though it's still look darker in fullscreen... 

But thanks!! I feel smarter after going through those tedious steps of manually upgrading my game... haha! You can't trust those DVD re-sellers, they jumbled all cracks and patches they could find regardless of compatibilty

MelissaHanung
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Wed 04 Dec 2013, 14:32

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MelissaHanung on Thu 19 Dec 2013, 01:35

@sephymuffins 

I finally downloaded and install the 1.6 GB and did the "how to correctly install the sims" including ultimate fix

I can play my sims expansions which I previously has crashes now it's running well (WA/ ambition/ late night/ generation and pets).

However, the problem still present, I still needed the window mode as to retain the brightness, otherwise (in full screen) it's toned darker.

I didn't put them on DEP though,, because the game's running well and not crashing (I assume the DEP setting is a cure for game crashing?)

MelissaHanung
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum