Desperately needing help - S3P's won't install in Launcher

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Desperately needing help - S3P's won't install in Launcher

Post by missfawnie on Fri 06 Dec 2013, 04:04

Hey guys! After a frustrating afternoon of trying to fix this, I've finally broken down and decided to seek out some help. Hopefully you guys will be able to help me figure out the problem/ solution...

Anyways, here's what you need to know. 
THE PROBLEM:
+ Sims3Packs, although showing up in the Downloads folder, won't install
+ Task Manager shows that there is a second launcher window, but it is not responding and never shows up
+ I have tried various files- including EA Store files

ABOUT ME:
+ I'm running on a Mac
+ My game is fully updated- I have even re-installed the manual patch as well as the G4tW Ultimate Fix
+ My computer is new; this is my first time attempting to install any S3P's after installing all of my games

I've tried installing tiny files, I've tried double clicking on files, and yes- I am trying to install S3P's that I have already placed in the Downloads folder for TS3. I haven't come across many other fixes for this problem, so hopefully one of you will know what to do.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have also cleared all of the recommended/ usual cache files. 
EDIT 2: I also want to mention that the game starts and plays without a problem, so I don't think I have any Sims 2 Packs, problem mods, etc. that could be causing issues.

Either way, thank you so much for looking at my problem!

Helper Edit: Topic moved Wink. Mac problems should belong to Mac Support section.
-J.T.

Last edited by J.T. on Fri 06 Dec 2013, 04:21; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding further details)

missfawnie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Desperately needing help - S3P's won't install in Launcher

Post by Dieneryn on Fri 06 Dec 2013, 04:24

Hello,

Not to worry, we are here to help.

So to clarify, your main problem is not being able to install your Sims 3 Packs. Is that right?
Dieneryn
Posting Master
Posting Master

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs
Female Posts : 592

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by missfawnie on Fri 06 Dec 2013, 05:57

Yep! That's the only problem I've encountered so far. Everything else works properly.

missfawnie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 10:38

Hello,

The possible cause of this problem can be corrupted DCcache file. So I am recommending you to go to your Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and rename the file, for example "The Sims 3.old".

Open the game launcher, game will regenerate a new documents file. Now try to install the sims3pack this time. 

Please let me know the result.

Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderatrix Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo
Female Posts : 783

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum