Need help download all sims 3 expansion packs. [CLOSED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Need help download all sims 3 expansion packs. [CLOSED]

Post by Gamer_chick on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 23:00

Okay so I'm installing the sims game but its been stuck at the same loading space for 2 hours now. What do I do?? Do I reinstall?

Gamer_chick
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 23:18

Gamer_chick wrote:Okay so I'm installing the sims game but its been stuck at the same loading space for 2 hours now. What do I do?? Do I reinstall?

Hello again,

So you mean you finished installing the game already ? And now, the game's loading bar gets stuck ?

Have you downloaded any mods ? If so, remove all mods. You can even try removing your whole "The Sims 3" folder: go to My documents/Electronic Arts and remove the folder "The Sims 3". Restart the game then.

Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer_chick on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 23:22

Yea that's what I've just done! Thanks!

Gamer_chick
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Female Posts : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 23:33

Gamer_chick wrote:Yea that's what I've just done! Thanks!

So is your game loading now ? Smile 

If yes, can we help you with anything else ?

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14458

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer_chick on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 23:53

Yup it's done! Do i Download the the EA Dowload Manager or no?

Gamer_chick
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 23:57

Gamer_chick wrote:Yup it's done! Do i Download the the EA Dowload Manager or no?

Just leave that out (it's not necessary). Wink

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer_chick on Tue 10 Dec 2013, 00:47

Okay so now I'm at the part where I have to copy and paste the 'TS3. exe' to the sims 3 folder I guess. But I'm a bit confused  what or where exactly is the game directory?? Where to I paste the 'TS3. exe' to??

//EDIT

I'm getting the hang of this. So far I've installed the base game, generations, and now seasons. Hot a couple more to go. Question though: when I added both the generations and seasons to my desktop it didn't show there proper ICON image it just shows the sims 3 base game icon image. Now I did have to use a shortcut for both the sims 3 generations and sims 3 seasons. Was that right or no? Question # 2: if I want to play the sims and click on the sims 3 base game on my desktop is it still gonna have all the expansion packs or will I have to click on the actual game in order to play the actual game ( for an ex. Do i have to run the sims 3 generations in order to see... You know... All the games and stuff that the generations game has or do I just run the base game and would be able to play all the game..) okay that doesn't make sense but I hope someone gets it...?

Gamer_chick
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 10 Dec 2013, 07:28

Gamer_chick wrote:Okay so now I'm at the part where I have to copy and paste the 'TS3. exe' to the sims 3 folder I guess. But I'm a bit confused  what or where exactly is the game directory?? Where to I paste the 'TS3. exe' to??

//EDIT

I'm getting the hang of this. So far I've installed the base game, generations, and now seasons. Hot a couple more to go. Question though: when I added both the generations and seasons to my desktop it didn't show there proper ICON image it just shows the sims 3 base game icon image. Now I did have to use a shortcut for both the sims 3 generations and sims 3 seasons. Was that right or no? Question # 2: if I want to play the sims and click on the sims 3 base game on my desktop is it still gonna have all the expansion packs or will I have to click on the actual game in order to play the actual game ( for an ex. Do i have to run the sims 3 generations in order to see... You know... All the games and stuff that the generations game has or do I just run the base game and would be able to play all the game..) okay that doesn't make sense but I hope someone gets it...?

First of all: if you re-read step #4 here, it says you need to take the two files from the #crack folder in the Ultimate fix (TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll). Copy and paste them to C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. And you need to overwrite the existing files.

Now...there are no "different Sims 3 games". It doesn't matter what shortcut you click on; when you install an expansion or stuffpack, you will basically "add" content to your basegame. After you applied the Ultimate fix, I suggest you then make a shortcut from the TS3W.exe (in the base game location, see last paragraph) to the desktop. Right-click on the file and go to "Send to" -> "Desktop (create shortcut)".

You just double-click on the TS3W.exe shortcut to start the game.

On another note: please wait for an answer instead of double-posting; like I already said, use the "edit"-button if you want to modify your message. Your double-posting only means that I have more work to do here. Wink 

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer_chick on Tue 10 Dec 2013, 09:03

Sorry. I feel like I'm bothering and annoying you or something. I understand now I guess. I'm not done installing some of the expansion packs and I haven't used or Downloaded the ultimate fix either so I guess that's what it is. Also ( sorry) the game won't run or start or whatever. I started to run the game everytime I was done installing it an every thing else ( like when I was done with the base game I ran it so I could see it I did it correctly. And I did). So I started to do that with all of the games I installed ( when I opened generations and seasons it worked) but when I got to town life stuff and I tried opening it to see if it worked, it wouldn't open. So then I tried to open the ones I did earlier and the didn't open either so I basically just want to know if I did anything wrong or is do I have to just download and install the ultimate fix to fix it.

P.S. I'm not done installing expansion and stuff packs I have 2 more. All though I followed instructions for the the mast suite stuff and when I had to copy+paste the 2 files that was in it's rar file, one of the files wouldn't move. It sat I didn't have permission something like that.

But I really want to thank you for being patient with me thanks!!

Gamer_chick
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 11 Dec 2013, 00:47

Gamer_chick wrote:Sorry. I feel like I'm bothering and annoying you or something. I understand now I guess. I'm not done installing some of the expansion packs and I haven't used or Downloaded the ultimate fix either so I guess that's what it is. Also ( sorry) the game won't run or start or whatever. I started to run the game everytime I was done installing it an every thing else ( like when I was done with the base game I ran it so I could see it I did it correctly. And I did). So I started to do that with all of the games I installed ( when I opened generations and seasons it worked) but when I got to town life stuff and I tried opening it to see if it worked, it wouldn't open. So then I tried to open the ones I did earlier and the didn't open either so I basically just want to know if I did anything wrong or is do I have to just download and install the ultimate fix to fix it.

P.S. I'm not done installing expansion and stuff packs I have 2 more. All though I followed instructions for the the mast suite stuff and when I had to copy+paste the 2 files that was in it's rar file, one of the files wouldn't move. It sat I didn't have permission something like that.

But I really want to thank you for being patient with me thanks!!

Hello,

This is the point where "helping" gets a bit difficult for me; if I post something, then you should do exactly as I tell you - and nothing else. Smile 

OK, I will try a different approach now. Please, (re-) apply the LATEST manual patch now (version 1.63). It's available here, if you haven't downloaded it yet.

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v163-fix-manual-patch

Make sure to download with the "High-speed MEGA-link". Download that patch, and afterwards, when the download is finished, just double-click on it.

Wait for the patch to install - and let me know if you did that, so that I can go on with the next step.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer_chick on Wed 11 Dec 2013, 02:14

It's okay I'm done everything worked just fine thank you thank you!!!

Gamer_chick
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 11 Dec 2013, 02:17

Gamer_chick wrote:It's okay I'm done everything worked just fine thank you thank you!!!

What exactly did you do ? Smile 

Do you want to add more expansions/stuff packs now ? If so, do you need any help with that ?

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer_chick on Wed 11 Dec 2013, 05:23

Yea I want to be able to play in different towns instead of sunset valley and that one free town in island paradise. So if you can help me with that.

Well the last step was confusing cause in the step 3 I had to download the sims 3 fix. And in the instructions it says to drag and drop every file in THIER file. Including the expansion pack or whatever. But the expansions packs that were included in the fix I didn't have none of them except for the base game so I did step 10 in the sims 3 fix instruction guide and yea.!

Gamer_chick
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 13 Dec 2013, 00:55

Gamer_chick wrote:Yea I want to be able to play in different towns instead of sunset valley and that one free town in island paradise. So if you can help me with that.

Well the last step was confusing cause in the step 3 I had to download the sims 3 fix. And in the instructions it says to drag and drop every file in THIER file. Including the expansion pack or whatever. But the expansions packs that were included in the fix I didn't have none of them except for the base game so I did step 10 in the sims 3 fix instruction guide and yea.!

Please ignore the instructions that are included in the "Ultimate fix guide".

Always follow these instructions here (I have to repeat that - again): http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

The steps #3 and #4 don't say anything about using the installation guide in the Ultimate fix. You ONLY need to use the #crack-folder in the Ultimate fix, and nothing else !

So..OK. Now that you've applied the latest manual patch (version 1.63), now you can start installing your exapnsions. For that purpose, I suggest you make several new folder now. You open and extract the content of a .RAR download (doesn't matter with which expansion you start), into ONE empty folder. It's important that you only use one separate folder for each expansion. So..ONE folder for "Island Paradise", ONE folder for the next expansion, and so on.

Install the expansions, by double-clicking the "autorun.exe" (serial numbers can be found inside the installation guide of each expansion).

After you've finished installing one expansion, go on to the NEXT folder, again, double-click on the "autorun.exe", and so on. You install all expansions you want NOW.

That's enough information for now I guess. Please let me know when you're done with that.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer_chick on Fri 20 Dec 2013, 03:38

ok. so since my game is up to date. Can I now install different expansion packs/stuff? and when I do install them do i just drag and drop the files to the sims 3 game only or do i have to do extra?

Gamer_chick
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 20 Dec 2013, 18:01

Gamer_chick wrote:ok. so since my game is up to date. Can I now install different expansion packs/stuff? and when I do install them do i just drag and drop the files to the sims 3 game only or do i have to do extra?

If you already have WinRAR installed, then open an expansion (in the .RAR file format, if you got it from Games4TheWorld) and mark all contents. You can do that with your mouse, just like marking a text with the mouse. Then drag and drop the contents to an empty folder. Now, go to that folder and double-click the "autorun.exe" to start the installation. Just follow the instructions, and if you are prompted to enter a serial number, then open the "Installation guide.txt". There, copy & paste the serial into the prompt.

After installing, do this with all other expansions you want to install. That means, make again a new folder, extract all contents there and so on. Again, for every expansion, you should make a separate folder.

See if that works for you and let me know.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer_chick on Fri 20 Dec 2013, 23:15

Okay. So I installed sims 3 university, sims 3 pets, sims 3 high loft stuff, and I followed all the instructions in all the individual files (installation guide) and when I open the sims 3 launcher and look at the bottom where it shows the games that you have. My master suite stuff, island paradise expansion/stuff pack are not high lighted anymore. And on top of that the sims 3 launcher won't open. It keep saying sims 3 launcher won't open. I also noticed that you keep saying to double click "autorun.exe" to start installation, but I've been double-clicking the Sims3SP01Setup.exe instead. ... That part confuses me.

Thanks for helping Smile

Gamer_chick
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 21 Dec 2013, 02:20

Gamer_chick wrote:Okay. So I installed sims 3 university, sims 3 pets, sims 3 high loft stuff, and I followed all the instructions in all the individual files (installation guide) and when I open the sims 3 launcher and look at the bottom where it shows the games that you have. My master suite stuff, island paradise expansion/stuff pack are not high lighted anymore. And on top of that the sims 3 launcher won't open. It keep saying sims 3 launcher won't open. I also noticed that you keep saying to double click "autorun.exe" to start installation, but I've been double-clicking the Sims3SP01Setup.exe instead. ... That part confuses me.

Thanks for helping Smile

It doesn't matter what you double-click actually, to start the installation. As long as the installer STARTS, everything should be fine.

Now that you installed several expansions, try ´(re-)doing the steps from 2 to 4 here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

This means, re-apply the manual patch (even if it says that your game is "update already"; just ignore this). Then, download the Ultimate fix (step #3) and apply it (step #4). After that, when you're still in the base game location, make a shortcut to the desktop from the TS3W.exe file (right-click on the file, choose "send to...desktop (create shortcut)". Use that shortcut to start the game then.

See if that helps you Smile 

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer_chick on Sat 21 Dec 2013, 03:09

Okay got ya! But for steps #4 do I have to drag and drop ALL the expansions/stuff packs the .exe and .dll files to there exact location. Or do I just do that for the expansion /stuff packs I JUST downloaded. For ex. (University life, pets, and high end loft stuff) ????

Gamer_chick
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 21 Dec 2013, 03:25

Gamer_chick wrote:Okay got ya! But for steps #4 do I have to drag and drop ALL the expansions/stuff packs the .exe and .dll files to there exact location. Or do I just do that for the expansion /stuff packs I JUST downloaded. For ex. (University life, pets, and high end loft stuff) ????

Hello,

Step #4 says to just take the #crack folder in the Ultimate fix. Wink  Nothing else. You copy and paste the two files in it into the base game location, replacing the original files.

And that's it - there's nothing else you should do. Smile  Now, make a shortcut to the desktop from the TS3W.exe. Use the shortcut to start the game.

Last edited by Carlos G. on Sat 21 Dec 2013, 03:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo.)

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamer_chick on Sat 21 Dec 2013, 03:39

Okay! I'm gonna do it now and get back to you! Wink

//EDIT

Okay I did! I just wish I could play in different worlds/towns besides island something and sunset valley. So if I can get help with that it would be great!!!

P.S. I know I was suppose to edit. But I couldn't find the edit but or whatever on the mobile version so sorry

Gamer_chick
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 24 Dec 2013, 03:41

Gamer_chick wrote:Okay! I'm gonna do it now and get back to you! Wink

//EDIT

Okay I did! I just wish I could play in different worlds/towns besides island something and sunset valley. So if I can get help with that it would be great!!!

P.S. I know I was suppose to edit. But I couldn't find the edit but or whatever on the mobile version so sorry

For that, I suggest you start downloading and installing some of the following expansions:

1) "Ambitions" (contains the world "Twinbrook")

2) "Late night" (has "Bridgeport")

3) "Pets" (has "Appaloosa Plains")

4) "Showtime" (has "Starlight Shores")

5) "Supernatural" (has "Moonlight Falls")

Installing them is basically the same like I explained already. For each new expansion, make a new folder, then open the .RAR download with WinRAR and extract all contents to that empty folder you created. Then go to that folder and start the installer (use "autorun.exe").

After you've installed all expansions you want, then re-do these steps from "2 to 4" in this guide here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

There are, besides these worlds that are included in these expansions, neighborhoods which are "downloadable", this means you just download these worlds and install them with the launcher. But since the download server of G4TW is offline due to maintenance, you'll have to wait until about the beginning of January (feel free to update this topic by that time, or contact me again).

This is the site: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xerendipity on Wed 15 Jul 2015, 16:16

Just wanted to say, OMG you are the nicest, most patient person!  In reading through this thread, I came to the realization that I am not so nice nor patient. I would have either gone off on, or ignored the gamer_chick person after the first couple of posts.  Thank you for the nice replies and the explanation(s) which I needed as well.
xerendipity
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 22 Jul 2015, 21:12

xerendipity wrote:Just wanted to say, OMG you are the nicest, most patient person!  In reading through this thread, I came to the realization that I am not so nice nor patient. I would have either gone off on, or ignored the gamer_chick person after the first couple of posts.  Thank you for the nice replies and the explanation(s) which I needed as well.

Hello,

Thanks for the nice words, but nowadays, threads like these (with tons of replies, but no "result" on the OP's side) are very rare; in most cases, threads can be solved with about a handful of replies or even less. And if that doesn't work, we'll give "TeamViewer" a try.

That said, the OP in this case hasn't posted back yet. @Gamer_chick, feel free to PM me if you have any follow-up questions here. Otherwise, I will close that very ancient thread now. Smile 

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum