another noob in desperate need of help. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

another noob in desperate need of help. [SOLVED]

Post by maverick73099 on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 09:48

ok ive followed all instructions to a t. i managed to get the base game downloaded and working then i try to add the expansions and all hell breaks out in my poor little head. this is ridiculously complicated. first expansion i attempt to add is world adventures and when i get to the part that i copy crack files to bin and it will not allow me to replace the files. im totally new to this and am beyond lost. ive uninstalled everything sims related on my pc except one file that for some reason i cant take off from another installation i had off a torrent some damn Russian **** that wont allow me to uninstall (don't get that as im the admin on this pc) anyway i really need a detailed walkthrough to load base game and all expansions patches etc. something a redneck gun toting factory working hick can understand lol. i know this page says skip all cracks but cant install any expansions if i do. how do i do this my girlfriend is dying to have her game back and im looking forward to it too.

Last edited by J.T. on Fri 10 Jan 2014, 09:10; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : solved)

maverick73099
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: another noob in desperate need of help. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 10:24

It's actually not as complicated as you think. You do only need to follow this guide:  http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly.

First of all, take time to read this guide: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall. Download and install the registry cleaner program mentioned in the guide. Run the registry cleaner and clean all the problematic registry keys by using it. After that, restart your computer.

Download the base game torrent and any expansion packs'/stuff packs' torrents you want, but at least one of them mentioned in the above link. Every torrent you downloaded from G4TW must be extracted via WinRAR to separate blank folders.

To install the base game watch this video:

Extract the expansion torrents you have downloaded and then double-click setup.exe or autorun.exe to start the installation.

After installing any expansions you want, do steps 2-4 of the guide. namely,
(1) Download and run the manual patch.
(2) Download the Ultimate Fix. 
(3) Open it via WinRAR and then browse the folder # Crack inside this fix. 
(4) Drag and drop the content of this folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Replace the existing files.

Note that you DO NOT need any cracks from the torrents of the expansions and the base game that you have downloaded. You only need the crack from the Ultimate Fix!

Last edited by J.T. on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 15:53; edited 1 time in total

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick73099 on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 16:18

there is nothing on that link for the uninstall info other than a ad for a zip opener. as I said I was able to mount and install the base game but not the expansions. i keep seeing that i don't need to apply the cracks but if that's the case how the heck do i install as they are part of the installation for all the games.

maverick73099
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 16:21

@maverick73099 wrote:there is nothing on that link for the uninstall info other than a ad for a zip opener. as I said I was able to mount and install the base game but not the expansions. i keep seeing that i don't need to apply the cracks but if that's the case how the heck do i install as they are part of the installation for all the games.

You must have clicked the wrong link. Here is the link for the registry cleaner: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download. Under Registry tab click "Scan for selected issues". After that, if you see a pop up, choose "Fix Everything".

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick73099 on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 16:25

ok will do. now my last question for the moment is how do i extract the various expansions to blank folders? ive never done this before.

maverick73099
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 16:47

Download and install WinRAR first: http://www.rarlab.com/.

Depending on your computer, choose either the installation wizard for 32-bit or 64-bit pc in your own language or English.

If you do not know if your pc is 32 or 64 bit, go to Control Panel >> System and Security >> System. In System Type field, you will see if your pc is 32-bit or 64-bit.

After that, open the base game torrent with WinRAR.

Click on the button bounded by red square:

Once you see this:

Select a destination path. You may just click "Okay", then WinRAR will create a folder for you. But you must acknowledge where the files are before doing so (the destination path).

Do the same for all other expansion packs' and stuff packs' torrents! And then you have completed the extracting process.

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick73099 on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 18:39

ok got all that, now do i install the expansions into the base game or separately? and do i need origin or not?

//EDIT

ok trying to take this slow and make sure all is correct. ive only got the base game downloaded and world adventures ive applied no cracks or anything just installed and ran the update fix. every time I open either game it immediately says a update is available. do I update or just ignore. no downloads show in either game and in origin there is a download avail for ambitions. are all these expansions going to be installed as separate games with separate desktop icons? none of this seems correct to me and I have no clue if im doing anything the right way. yes ive read all the how to install stuff and it has only confused me more.

Helper Edit: Please edit your previous post if you want to add something. Thank you. Wink

-J.T.

Last edited by J.T. on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 19:24; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot)

maverick73099
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 19:22

You may choose installing Origin or not. It's optional because manual patch is sufficient for update already (and Origin performs the same function).

Installing the expansions means adding new features and new items to the game. Can you elaborate?

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick73099 on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 19:26

the expansions all install as separate icons on my desktop. when I open the base game launcher and click the downloads and content buttons nothing shows up I have no way to tell if the expansion has actually been added to the game. also as I said everytime I open either the sims 3 or wold adventures I get a pop up saying a update is available, do I update or ignore this

maverick73099
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 19:28

@maverick73099 wrote:the expansions all install as separate icons on my desktop. when I open the base game launcher and click the downloads and content buttons nothing shows up I have no way to tell if the expansion has actually been added to the game. also as I said everytime I open either the sims 3 or wold adventures I get a pop up saying a update is available, do I update or ignore this

I, Carlos and Lady Eldi have mentioned many times that you only need this guide for installing The Sims 3 correctly: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly.

All you have to do is to do steps 2-4 everytime after you install new expansions on your pc. Step 2 means you have to download and run the manual patch (which is a must because the Ultimate Fix is only compatible with the most updated patch level). And then go on to applying the Ultimate Fix stated in steps 3-4.

//EDIT

Problem being taken care via chatbox.

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maverick73099 on Tue 10 Dec 2013, 08:08

all my issues were resolved today j.t. took some serious time to actually get on and directly get me set up and showed me how to do everything for future use. you guys are awesome. never though a site like this would have people so dedicated they would do as much as j.t. did today that was awesome and I cant give enough thanks for all the time and effort put into helping me out

maverick73099
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Fri 10 Jan 2014, 09:11

The issue is resolved, and the topic should be locked now.

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content