EP needed or not for Ultimate Fix?[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

EP needed or not for Ultimate Fix?[SOLVED]

Post by Sorcie on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 14:56

In the instruction of the latest Ultimate fix for Mac, it is said that I have to install at least 1 of the EP in order to apply the Ultimate fix.
But if I only install the Base game, must I install more of the mentioned EP to use the Ultimate fix or just apply the crack for the Base game? 

After a bloody week downloading and installing as the guides from many sites, I have come across this forum and got the way to install the game successfully, I want to enjoy the Base game first, in fear for breaking it and the pain of waiting for the super uber slow internet connection. 
Thanks in advance!

P.S: Forgot to mention, I'm using OS X 10.9.

Sorcie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: EP needed or not for Ultimate Fix?[SOLVED]

Post by Phoebe on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 16:38

Hello,

If you want only the Sims 3 base game, then you don't need to crack or Ultimate Fix IF you are using the cracked version of the piratebay. 

Seems like you have installed a base game already? In his case just use the crack folder in the files comes withit.

Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderatrix Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo
Female Posts : 783

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcie on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 18:04

Thank you, Phoebe!
Well, I installed the high end loft stuff (which I have no idea when I downloaded  Shocked ) and master suite life (the smallest among the EPs), installed as the guide for Mac said.
All done. Open > unknown error occured. tadaaaa. 

Just now I've installed the base game as in the guide suggested, the file by Anonymous on TPB, but each time i update, it appear to download for a little while then the box disappeared, the game wasn't updated at all. So now I'm downloading the patch 1.63 manually to update it offline.
Let me just wait and see if it works.

YAY ME! It doesn't work. That ultimate unknown error!

Sorcie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 20:50

Hello,

But you installed EPs? Then you need to apply the Ultimate Fix. I thought you want to play only the base game, wasn't that you said in your post earlier?

If you update your game, you need to crack it. So just install other EPs or SPs you want and update your game again, then apply the Ultimate Fix by reading the guide in it.

Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorcie on Tue 10 Dec 2013, 00:29

Yeah, but then out of boredom, I added EPs (sorry for the hussle) and I did apply the Ultimate Fix, step by step as the guide said. Don't know what I did wrong but that annoying unknown error keeps haunting me.  Noob

Now I'm trying to update patch online, for the 4th time. Maybe my connection sucks so the process stops midway.

Update: After 2hs downloading successfully, finally, it patched. But then that unknown error box appeared, automatically after the patching, no need for me to open the game.
  FUU!

Update: After a lot of cracking, mounting, installing ... I finally got it to work, the base game and 3 EPs!  Hammertime 
I tried the trick deleting the system file in Library and the base game could load after patching the new update.
Thanks for your help, Phoebe!

Sorcie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Tue 10 Dec 2013, 11:03

Hello,

Oh, sorry for being here during that awfull process! But I am glad to hear that it works now! Smile 

Please feel free to contact us if you need anything. Happy simming!  The Sims Plumbob 1 

Topic is closed.

Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum