Game Crashes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game Crashes

Post by kanechan on Wed 18 Dec 2013, 05:39

Hello, lik title implies, my gane crashes without warning. Though I do know why it is crashing. It has been working fine all day until I decided I wanted to get store items. I see your websitr is down for maintenance; but I remembered someone I would get store items from before; rachelstoolbox. Ive never had problems with her downloads until now. They make my game crash after 10 min of gameplay. As far as I can tell I am the only one with this issue. So is there a way to get it to work?

kanechan
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Crashes

Post by xCharlieee on Thu 19 Dec 2013, 17:09

Hello.

I'm not a pro but i used to have this problem too a few times. 
First, are you sure that the download's from rachelstoolbox are up to date with the latest patch? And if these are the same items that you can buy on EA official's Sims3 site, has racheltoolbox a fix for them to make sure the items work? With work i mean like you can do all the actions you are supposed to with them when you should've buyed them in the EA store?

Also make sure you cleared you're cache files in the SIMS 3 folder in your documents.
These are 5 files named; 

CASpartcache.package,
compositorcache.package, 
scriptcache.package, 
socialcache.package, 
simcompositorcache.package.
The third thing you can try to do is naming your SIMS 3 folder in my documents to The Sims 3.OLD

-So you click rename and you just type '.OLD' after the sims 3.
After that, the next time you load your game you'll start with a clean game, the game automatically will make a new sims 3 folder for you into your documents.
Then you can load your game, and see if it works. 
When it works, you can try to install your custom content again, but with a little every time. 
Reason is, when it crashes again, you know it's because one of the latest download you've installed and then it's easier to find which one.

And last but not least; 
You can download the sims crash analyzer, that's a little program that not takes much place on your computer. All you have to do is open it, load the sims3 folder into it, and it automatically will read the log that tells you WHY your game has crashed. 
Without the program you can open it too, but then it's harder to find the actual reason if it's the first time you do that.

Sorry if my english is bad, and i hope my tips are a little bit helpful.

Your birthday is the happiest day of my lifeI love you 
xCharlieee
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims3, AssassinsCreed
Female Posts : 62

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kanechan on Sun 22 Dec 2013, 14:56

Thank you so much. Ive gotten used to not having CC in my Mods folder so didn't think that deleting cache would help. But it did! Game works and no crashes for 30 mins.

kanechan
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xCharlieee on Mon 23 Dec 2013, 20:11

I'm glad it worked!

Have fun!

Your birthday is the happiest day of my lifeI love you 
xCharlieee
Posting Nerd