Installing a bought expansion pack last?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing a bought expansion pack last?

Post by mishalecki on Thu 19 Dec 2013, 21:33

Hi! I tried to search for an answer to my question but was unsuccessful. I have already installed the base game, which I bought. I also have bought the Supernatural expansion but have not yet installed it. So far I have installed Generations from G4TW and have several other games downloading and waiting to be installed. My question is this - if I wait to install my bought Supernatural expansion until after I've installed all the other expansions, can I skip any steps in the process? 

I don't really understand crack files or this Ultimate Fix thing, I'm totally new to downloading games like this, so any steps I can skip would be good for me haha. I had no problems with installing Generations, I just double clicked the correct file and entered the key code included in the instructions and it said it was successful. So my question is basically If I do that process over and over for the other expansions, and then download my own bought expansion last, do I still need to do the other steps like copy/pasting files into folders and such? Or will installing a legitimate game last allow me to just open it with the disk as I would otherwise?

Sorry if this is a long or complicated or annoying question. Any help is so appreciated! (:

mishalecki
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installing a bought expansion pack last?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 20 Dec 2013, 17:46

mishalecki wrote:Hi! I tried to search for an answer to my question but was unsuccessful. I have already installed the base game, which I bought. I also have bought the Supernatural expansion but have not yet installed it. So far I have installed Generations from G4TW and have several other games downloading and waiting to be installed. My question is this - if I wait to install my bought Supernatural expansion until after I've installed all the other expansions, can I skip any steps in the process? 

I don't really understand crack files or this Ultimate Fix thing, I'm totally new to downloading games like this, so any steps I can skip would be good for me haha. I had no problems with installing Generations, I just double clicked the correct file and entered the key code included in the instructions and it said it was successful. So my question is basically If I do that process over and over for the other expansions, and then download my own bought expansion last, do I still need to do the other steps like copy/pasting files into folders and such? Or will installing a legitimate game last allow me to just open it with the disk as I would otherwise?

Sorry if this is a long or complicated or annoying question. Any help is so appreciated! (:

Hello,

The first thing to note is that basically, the order in which you install certain expansions is not important (and it doesn't matter either whether you bought them or downloaded them from G4TW).

You should install the stuff this way:

1) At first, make sure to apply the latest manual patch, version 1.63. Get the patch here.

2) Now install any additional expansion(s) you like.

3) Re-apply the manual patch. This step is optional, but recommended...

4) Now download and apply the "Ultimate fix". Get it from here. After downloading, just extract the #crack folder. Copy the two files inside it. Paste the two files into your base game location, usually that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Please overwrite the original files (choose "copy and replace" when you're prompted what to do, when you paste the files).

And yes, with the exception of step #3 (maybe) you should do ALL these steps I just described. Wink

Let us know if that worked for you (and if done correctly, it should) !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14440

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum