Launcher issues since installing Into the Future

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Launcher issues since installing Into the Future

Post by aoi_neko on Thu 19 Dec 2013, 21:35

Ever since I installed INTF, I have to load up Origin, and then click, "Play," to get my game to start. If I just click, "The Sims 3," or any of the expansions in my Start menu like I used to do to start the game, it doesn't work. I didn't have this issue before, so I'm confused. Once in game, everything works fine, it's just the launcher. Does anyone have any suggestions for this? Thank you in advance.
aoi_neko
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Anything MMO pretty much, and I love the Sims!
Female Posts : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Launcher issues since installing Into the Future

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 20 Dec 2013, 17:51

@aoi_neko wrote:Ever since I installed INTF, I have to load up Origin, and then click, "Play," to get my game to start. If I just click, "The Sims 3," or any of the expansions in my Start menu like I used to do to start the game, it doesn't work. I didn't have this issue before, so I'm confused. Once in game, everything works fine, it's just the launcher. Does anyone have any suggestions for this? Thank you in advance.

Hello,

Go to your base game location. In Windows Vista/7/8, that's (normally) C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Right-click on the files TS3W.exe and choose "send to.....-> Desktop (create shortcut)".

Now double-click on the shortcut. What happens then ?

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aoi_neko on Fri 27 Dec 2013, 17:14

Origin runs. :/
aoi_neko
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Anything MMO pretty much, and I love the Sims!
Female Posts : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 27 Dec 2013, 18:05

@aoi_neko wrote:Origin runs. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I'm sorry to hear that, but the easiest "solution" in your case would be that you live with this "Origin" thing.

The alternatives would be that you un-install all Sims 3 games including Origin, or that you tweak around the registry and do some moving in your game installation folders.

When you decide to un-install, then make sure to re-boot the computer after un-installing ALL the stuff. When you re-install, you will probably come across a window that will ask you whether you want to "install Origin". Please, ignore this window and skip that. You don't need this Origin thing.

As for the registry tweaking, that's going to be quite complicated, and I don't really recommend that method.

That's it for now, I'm afraid. Wat.  If you do have another question, feel free to reply again here, though.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum