Cannot open options menu

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot open options menu

Post by Addison3522 on Sat 21 Dec 2013, 00:05

Hi again, my friend has some issues with her game; she cannot open her options menu at all, and when she could before the issue happened her graphics would never save. They would return to the lowest setting possible. Help would be appreciated as I have tried to access her computer through join.me and manually "refreshing" her game without reinstalling with no avail. Thanks.

Addison3522
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Sims 4, Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain
Female Posts : 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot open options menu

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 21 Dec 2013, 02:26

@Addison3522 wrote:Hi again, my friend has some issues with her game; she cannot open her options menu at all, and when she could before the issue happened her graphics would never save. They would return to the lowest setting possible. Help would be appreciated as I have tried to access her computer through join.me and manually "refreshing" her game without reinstalling with no avail. Thanks.

Hello,

This glitch sounds strange, but try this:

go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and look for the file options.ini. Right-click on the file and go to "Properties". There, look if the box "Read-only" is marked. If it is, UNMARK the box.

Click on apply, then on OK.

Re-start the game then, make some changes to the options and then see if they are saved. Good luck and let me know your result ! Smile 

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum