Error 12!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error 12!

Post by Mary Lou on Sat 21 Dec 2013, 23:41

Hello everyone!
So here's what I did today...
I downloaded and installed The Sims 3 along with Late night and Generations following the forum's instructions. (I only moved the base game crack files, none for the expansions and it worked, although I thought it wouldn't - I don't know if this plays any part)
So before I open the game, I took my old save file and moved it to the new "Saves" folder. I never had an expansion before. And I opened my game and it worked normally.
But when it comes to saving, I get error 12.
Was that stupid of me?

Mary Lou
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Error 12!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 22 Dec 2013, 02:46

@Mary Lou wrote:Hello everyone!
So here's what I did today...
I downloaded and installed The Sims 3 along with Late night and Generations following the forum's instructions. (I only moved the base game crack files, none for the expansions and it worked, although I thought it wouldn't - I don't know if this plays any part)
So before I open the game, I took my old save file and moved it to the new "Saves" folder. I never had an expansion before. And I opened my game and it worked normally.
But when it comes to saving, I get error 12.
Was that stupid of me?

Hello there,

First of all, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3...

1. delete all contents of the folder Currentgame.sims3

2. then, go to the folder Saves, and delete all folders that have a ".bad"-ending

Re-start the game. Go into your old save, and then into "edit"-town mode. Save your sims into the "bin". Then, exit to the main menu (without saving). Make a new savegame (in any town you wish), and put your sims from the library there.

Play on for a while to see if "error 12" happens again.

For more general tips on how to cope with that, see this topic here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t4523-the-sims-3-save-errors-fix-error-code-12-13-15-16-updated-24-11-2012

See if any of this helps you, and let me know. There might still be one or two things that can be done then...

Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14091

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Lou on Sun 22 Dec 2013, 15:26

Hi! I did this and it saves normally. Do you think there is a way not to lose my other game? What happens if I select "Save as"?
Oh and I forgot to mention that when error 12 comes up and I try to save again, it saves normally. xD

Last edited by Mary Lou on Fri 16 May 2014, 19:42; edited 1 time in total

Mary Lou
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 22 Dec 2013, 20:31

@Mary Lou wrote:Hi! I did this and it saves normally. Do you think there is a way not to lose my other game? What happens if I select "Save as"?
Oh and I forgot to mention that when error 12 comes up and I try to save again, it saves. xD

Yes, using the option "save as.." can help sometimes. Every time you choose that option, you will basically create a new savegame, with a new name. So if you do that in "regular intervals", then it may indeed help a bit, but I can't give too much advice on this, since I haven't really tried that myself yet; what I just told you is "theory"...

Also, sometimes it can help if you go into TOWN VIEW before you save your game.

Otherwise, try the "save files cleaner" in Lady ElDi's opening post: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t9396-ts3-save-files-cleaner

(but please, backup ALL your savefiles before applying that !)

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14091

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Lou on Mon 23 Dec 2013, 13:22

OK Thank you very much! Very Happy

//EDIT

By the way, I tried saving today many times and error 12 didn't come up at all...

Mary Lou
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum