I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

Post by Noobywooby7102012 on Mon 23 Dec 2013, 01:20

Hi, wondering if someone can help.
I've downloaded all the sims 3 explanation packs from g4tw on tpb, except for World Adventures, Late Night and Supernatural which I went out and bought
I installed university life following the instructions on the last The Sims 3 post to the tee. It works like a dream.
I'm now trying to do the same with the rest. The problem is that no matter which expansion I try and install it comes up with a message saying I need to insert disk 1 containing such and such.
I've followed every instruction and when none of that worked I found this forum and must have read about 60 topics in the hope of trying to find a solution to the problem. I literally must have tried everything that I possibly could try to no avail.

Please tell me there is something I've missed or a solution that doesn't involve hours and hours of downloading the expansions again Sad
Computers are inherently evil and I haven't got a great deal of technical know how when it comes to them so if anyone can explain please use simple terms!

A very stuck girlie.

Noobywooby7102012
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3
Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

Post by Dieneryn on Tue 24 Dec 2013, 14:39

Hello,

Where did you get your base game from?
Dieneryn
Posting Master
Posting Master

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs
Female Posts : 592

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noobywooby7102012 on Tue 24 Dec 2013, 15:04

I bought that from the store as well. Sorry forgot to mention that one. An update on this though I managed to get them all to install somehow and then I did the patch upgrade and the Ultimate fix. 
Now the latest 4 games aren't showing up and when I try to load the game it comes up with "the Sims 3 has stopped working" so I gave up for a few days so I didn't throw the computer out of the window Sad

Noobywooby7102012
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3
Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum