World Adventures Regional Code Errors for Torrent & Disk

View previous topic View next topic Go down

World Adventures Regional Code Errors for Torrent & Disk

Post by 14rose14 on Mon 23 Dec 2013, 03:50

I have both the disk and torrent versions of WA and both have the regional errors. I've changed the number thing to 2, and I've left it at 7, but no matter what I do it says there's a regional error. On the rare occasion it does start the installation process, it stops because it says Sims 3 can't be updated. I've downloaded these before and they worked perfectly, but I had to factory reset my laptop recently and didn't have enough space to back up all the sims 3 files I'd gotten a hold of the last few months. Any suggestions/help?
14rose14
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, ArcheAge
Female Posts : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Adventures Regional Code Errors for Torrent & Disk

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 23 Dec 2013, 05:35

@14rose14 wrote:I have both the disk and torrent versions of WA and both have the regional errors. I've changed the number thing to 2, and I've left it at 7, but no matter what I do it says there's a regional error. On the rare occasion it does start the installation process, it stops because it says Sims 3 can't be updated. I've downloaded these before and they worked perfectly, but I had to factory reset my laptop recently and didn't have enough space to back up all the sims 3 files I'd gotten a hold of the last few months. Any suggestions/help?

Hello,

Can you try updating your game with the "manual patch", available here ? http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v163-fix-manual-patch

(download from the "MEGA"-link).

If needed, change the registry again (you need to change the base game SKU value).

In 64-bit systems, the location is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Wow6432Node -> Sims -> The Sims 3

in 32-bit systems, it's this here:    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Sims -> The Sims 3

Let me know if anything of this worked for you !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14081

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 14rose14 on Mon 23 Dec 2013, 08:18

After installing the base game, I wanted to try it out along with the store files I'd also gotten. To use the store files, it said I needed to update so I installed the patch after the base game and then tried WA again. Eureka, it worked! In the process of downloading and installing the rest of the expansions right now. 

After the last installation, do I need to re-install the patch or just use the cracks from the ultimate fix to get it to work properly?
14rose14
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 23 Dec 2013, 17:00

@14rose14 wrote:After installing the base game, I wanted to try it out along with the store files I'd also gotten. To use the store files, it said I needed to update so I installed the patch after the base game and then tried WA again. Eureka, it worked! In the process of downloading and installing the rest of the expansions right now. 

After the last installation, do I need to re-install the patch or just use the cracks from the ultimate fix to get it to work properly?

After you installed the last expansion/stuff pack you want, it's recommended to re-apply the latest manual patch. But it's not really obligatory; I haven't done that myself too often, and I never really got any problems. But still: for you, I suggest you DO re-apply the patch.

And in the end, you copy the two files from the #crack-folder of the Ultimate fix, and paste them into the base game location, overwriting the original files.

By the way, if you need to re-download the latest Ultimate fix, use the "alternative mirror link" on the Ultimate fix page. This is the link: http://goo.gl/VmK7vh

Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 14rose14 on Tue 24 Dec 2013, 03:57

It's great. Its working perfectly, despite crashing twice. After I downloaded everything, it said I didn't need to re-install the update, so all I did was apply the cracks from the ultimate fix. I can't get my dragon eggs to hatch in Dragon Valley and the toy maker doesn't work, but everything else so far is so great. Thanks guys, for the torrents and fixes. You guys are life savers! Happy Holidays!
14rose14
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 24 Dec 2013, 04:05

@14rose14 wrote:It's great. Its working perfectly, despite crashing twice. After I downloaded everything, it said I didn't need to re-install the update, so all I did was apply the cracks from the ultimate fix. I can't get my dragon eggs to hatch in Dragon Valley and the toy maker doesn't work, but everything else so far is so great. Thanks guys, for the torrents and fixes. You guys are life savers! Happy Holidays!

Hello,

As for your items that don't work, try the latest store fixes: http://goo.gl/0Te11K

If you don't know how to install ".package" files, have a look at this article here: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

Good luck for that !

And: thank you very much; I wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy holiday too ! Very Happy 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 14rose14 on Tue 24 Dec 2013, 06:56

I tried installing the store fixes but I can't find the mods folder in my electronic arts folder. What should I do?
14rose14
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 24 Dec 2013, 08:09

@14rose14 wrote:I tried installing the store fixes but I can't find the mods folder in my electronic arts folder. What should I do?

Please re-read the article I linked to previously. Wink  Especially focus on the part where it says "2. Download the ready-made FrameworkSetup.zip".

Click on the "Download"-button. Open and extract the download with WinRAR - and you should get a "Mods"-folder. You just put that Mods-folder into the following location: My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 (of course, you could make these folders on your own, but I guess you prefer an easy solution).

As for the locations where to put your store fixes, re-read the included instructions. And that should do ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 14rose14 on Sat 28 Dec 2013, 03:00

Ok, the mods folder is in my Sims 3 folder. How do I know it'll work w/o having to go into the game first?
14rose14
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 28 Dec 2013, 13:26

@14rose14 wrote:Ok, the mods folder is in my Sims 3 folder. How do I know it'll work w/o having to go into the game first?

You'll have to go into your game for that. Wink  But if you have made sure that you actually downloaded and installed the LATEST store fixes, then there should be no problem.

When you right-click on a mod (".package" file) and go to "Properties", and you see that the "date of modification" is a bit old, then this is often an indicator that the mod might not work or cause other trouble. Please make always sure to (re-)download the latest versions of mods, whenever a new patch for the Sims 3 is released.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatname1 on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 01:25

Okay, look, I just need to know one thing. Where is 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE'? I can't find it anywhere and I'm pretty sure I can do the rest of it, if only I could find that.  Help  :newfag:

Moderator edit: please open a NEW topic for your problem(s). Wink

- Carlos

whatname1
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 14rose14 on Mon 06 Jan 2014, 20:26

Awesome, I figured it out. The only problem is that were some store files I'd downloaded but it won't because it says, "you must install the associated premium content before installing this file". I don't understand. If I have all the store items from the store files, what premium content is it talking about?
14rose14
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top