"No disc found" on Town Life. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"No disc found" on Town Life. [SOLVED]

Post by KittyAddison on Tue 24 Dec 2013, 07:03

:newfag: 
 The Sims Plumbob 1  Hiya, fellow Simmers!  The Sims Plumbob 1 

I downloaded the base game from G4tW, as well as all EP/SP to Town Life Stuff (still downloading the rest onward). Had a bit of a problem when I installed High Loft Stuff, but the Ultimate Fix did the trick (thanks, G4tW!). Since then, I've been setting the routine of applying/re-applying its cracks and all has been smooth since...

Then when I got to Town Life, I did the usual, but when I tried launching the game, it gave me the "no disc found" error message, saying that I needed to insert the game disc in order to proceed. >: I don't get it... I did everything as instructed from what I had. I even tried checking to see if my game was up-to-date by pressing "refresh" on the Launcher (it apparently is). The crack I applied from the Ultimate Fix was from the "all expansions after Generations..." folder to the base game's Bin folder and not the EP's--and I also applied the base game's crack to the same location.

I tried looking for any possible solutions, but I could only find what I've already tried doing.

I'm really stumped at this point... ;w; Is there something I overlooked?

Here are some screenshots if it'll help:

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice on this!

KittyAddison
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Female Posts : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "No disc found" on Town Life. [SOLVED]

Post by Dieneryn on Tue 24 Dec 2013, 14:32

Hello,

One solution you could try is to simply repeat steps 2-4 of this guide: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Sometimes, reapplying the manual patch can help. No harm trying Wink

Happy holidays! Very Happy
Dieneryn
Posting Master
Posting Master

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs
Female Posts : 592

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KittyAddison on Wed 25 Dec 2013, 08:16

I'll admit, I was a little skeptical on trying that out at first, especially since I've already installed the patch during one of the earlier EPs... lol Tried it out anyway, and so, thanks to you, everything is running smoothly again! <3 Very Happy

Town Life now launches, and so does Pets (which was installed after fixing my problem). About to test out Master Suite in a bit, so here's hoping that it'll work as well.

Thank you so very much again! <3

Happy Holidays to you too!

Moderator edit: good to hear that this worked for you ! Smile  Happy simming - topic closed.

- Carlos

KittyAddison
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Female Posts : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down