screen problems after computer got fixed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

screen problems after computer got fixed

Post by pauuchan on Thu 26 Dec 2013, 19:08

so basically, my computer died and needed to be reformatted. when i got it back, i immediately reinstalled sims 3. everything is fine except the screen is not normal. it feels small and cramped.

here's my screen shot

i think the table / controls should be all the way to the right. the options and main menu feels cramped too. ive tweaked the screen size but it doesnt help. it doesnt interfere with the game play, no lags at all but im not comfortable and it just feels wrong.

i hope you can help me.
pauuchan
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: screen problems after computer got fixed

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 26 Dec 2013, 22:19

@pauuchan wrote:(...)

What exactly do you mean when you "tweaked the screen size" ?

This "problem" happens in my game if I choose a 16:9 (or similar) aspect ratio. Can you, in the in-game options menu under "Video", choose something like "1024 x 768 (4 : 3)" ? If you haven't tried that yet, that is.

If that doesn't work, then I'll have to try and look into other things. Or you may wait for the second opinion of another Helper or Mod.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauuchan on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 13:06

i mean i tried all of the screen choices in the options menu.

you dont have to look into it anymore though. i got used to the screen now. but thank you so much!  Very Happy 

ps. ive also noticed lifesimmer's (youtube user) lets play videos have the same screen as i, so maybe its normal.
pauuchan
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content