Game crashes and flawed in-game menu

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashes and flawed in-game menu

Post by hypocorism on Thu 26 Dec 2013, 21:51

Hello there community and experts,

Basically I have just finished installing a whole lot of expansions and the Roaring Heights for my Sims 3 games and I have done everything according to the guides listes on the threads here etc.

Even so I have a rather big problem: The game is crashing about 5-10min. after I launched it*
Also parts of my in-game menu was part black at some points, so that I could not read nor see some of the functions in the menu/toolbar in the bottom?

* First time while I was creating a simmer, second time when I just entered a new house with my newly created simmer



- Would any of you possibly be able to help me out here?



Regards,
Hypo

hypocorism
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 1457
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game crashes and flawed in-game menu

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 27 Dec 2013, 01:16

@hypocorism wrote:Hello there community and experts,

Basically I have just finished installing a whole lot of expansions and the Roaring Heights for my Sims 3 games and I have done everything according to the guides listes on the threads here etc.

Even so I have a rather big problem: The game is crashing about 5-10min. after I launched it*
Also parts of my in-game menu was part black at some points, so that I could not read nor see some of the functions in the menu/toolbar in the bottom?

* First time while I was creating a simmer, second time when I just entered a new house with my newly created simmer

- Would any of you possibly be able to help me out here?

Regards,
Hypo


Hello,

First of all, can you try re-doing the steps from 2 to 4 here ? (even if you did that already, do it again; it doesn't hurt and some users have reported that it improves the game performance)

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly


Also, can you try updating your video drivers ? Or you might even post a screenshot of your "glitched" menu.

Plus, are you using any mods or custom content ? They might cause crashes too. You can try going to My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3" into anything you like; just change the folder's name.


Let me know if anything of this worked !



_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19688
Reputation : 2094
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game crashes and flawed in-game menu

Post by hypocorism on Fri 27 Dec 2013, 10:32

Hello Carlos,

1. I did step 2-4 again, and my game just crashed once again.
- I have installed quite a few expansions and I c/p the folders from the ultimate fix to all the expansions and I have, updated to 1.63 and then c/p the crack folders into the bin. 

2. This time I did not see in black spots in toolbar (It comes from time to time)

3. The only thing other than that expansions and base game that I have installed is the Roaring Heights. I just downloaded it, ran it and installed it - no more


- I tried to rename the sims 3 (base game) folder once to "Sims 3 OLD" but afterwards it would not let me launch my shortcut or any of the launchers in the files?


Regards

hypocorism
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 1457
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game crashes and flawed in-game menu

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 27 Dec 2013, 18:25

@hypocorism wrote:Hello Carlos,

1. I did step 2-4 again, and my game just crashed once again.
- I have installed quite a few expansions and I c/p the folders from the ultimate fix to all the expansions and I have, updated to 1.63 and then c/p the crack folders into the bin. 

2. This time I did not see in black spots in toolbar (It comes from time to time)

3. The only thing other than that expansions and base game that I have installed is the Roaring Heights. I just downloaded it, ran it and installed it - no more


- I tried to rename the sims 3 (base game) folder once to "Sims 3 OLD" but afterwards it would not let me launch my shortcut or any of the launchers in the files?


Regards


Hello,

Please, whatever folder you renamed, it was the wrong one. See if you can rename it back to what it was...

Again, the folder is in  C:/Users/(your username)/My Documents/Electronic Arts. There should be a foler called "The Sims 3" - and nothing else. Do NOT go to your "base game" folder in "Program files(x86)" - you shouldn't touch that.

Re-start the game again then.

//EDIT

As for your missing menu: I'm not 100% sure what is behind that, but can you try the solution in this topic here ?

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t859-the-sims-3-text-balloons-not-showing-missing-fix





_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19688
Reputation : 2094
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game crashes and flawed in-game menu

Post by hypocorism on Sun 29 Dec 2013, 20:36

Alright Carlos

I figured I did it wrong and my base game folder is no untouched and back to normal, while I did change the folder you appointed in the your previous comment - and as it should, a new SIMS 3 folder was created under "users/my documents/EA ..." 

I'll try start up a game now (in this here moment) but new problems occured - now I cannot see my save games and neither am I able to find the Roaring Heights town?

EDIT
I'll edit as soon as I've started a game
- Yeah it happened again - maybe had around 15-20min of creating a sim, a dog and started building and designing a house (until it ofcourse crashed once again, and I lost all the changes I had made to the house .....)
This is so exhausting

- Regards

hypocorism
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 1457
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game crashes and flawed in-game menu

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 30 Dec 2013, 18:14

@hypocorism wrote:Alright Carlos

I figured I did it wrong and my base game folder is no untouched and back to normal, while I did change the folder you appointed in the your previous comment - and as it should, a new SIMS 3 folder was created under "users/my documents/EA ..." 

I'll try start up a game now (in this here moment) but new problems occured - now I cannot see my save games and neither am I able to find the Roaring Heights town?

EDIT
I'll edit as soon as I've started a game
- Yeah it happened again - maybe had around 15-20min of creating a sim, a dog and started building and designing a house (until it ofcourse crashed once again, and I lost all the changes I had made to the house .....)
This is so exhausting

- Regards


If your computer is strong enough (google for the system requirements of "The Sims 3"), then look at this topic here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013

If your operating system is a 64-bit one, and if your computer has at least 4 GB of RAM, then step 3 there might be especially useful. Download that "4 GB patch" in the link there, and double-click it then. Choose the TS3W.exe in the base game location and follow the instructions.

Re-start the game (after doing all steps in the guide). See if anything helps you.

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19688
Reputation : 2094
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game crashes and flawed in-game menu

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum