Problem Installing EPs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem Installing EPs

Post by amp8688 on Thu 26 Dec 2013, 22:26

After installing the Pets EP i'm having trouble installing any other EP or SP. During installation it asks me for the disk location. I've tried to install Showtime,Seasons and Diesel Stuff and I get the same error. My basegame was downloaded from Origin and my other EPs and SPs are from games4theworld. Pets is also the first and only EP I have installed.

amp8688
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem Installing EPs

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 26 Dec 2013, 22:41

@amp8688 wrote:After installing the Pets EP i'm having trouble installing any other EP or SP. During installation it asks me for the disk location. I've tried to install Showtime,Seasons and Diesel Stuff and I get the same error. My basegame was downloaded from Origin and my other EPs and SPs are from games4theworld. Pets is also the first and only EP I have installed.

Hello,

Have a look at this topic here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t2251-the-sims-3-pets-please-insert-disk-1-official-fix

And let me know if that worked for you !

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14065

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amp8688 on Thu 26 Dec 2013, 22:58

Carlos G. wrote:
@amp8688 wrote:After installing the Pets EP i'm having trouble installing any other EP or SP. During installation it asks me for the disk location. I've tried to install Showtime,Seasons and Diesel Stuff and I get the same error. My basegame was downloaded from Origin and my other EPs and SPs are from games4theworld. Pets is also the first and only EP I have installed.

Hello,

Have a look at this topic here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t2251-the-sims-3-pets-please-insert-disk-1-official-fix

And let me know if that worked for you !

I have Pets installed. I'm getting the error message when I try to install any other EP or SP after I install Pets.

amp8688
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 26 Dec 2013, 23:02

@amp8688 wrote:I have Pets installed. I'm getting the error message when I try to install any other EP or SP after I install Pets.

Alright, then. I guess I misunderstood this.

Did you use WinRAR to extract the contents of the .RAR files ? Please make sure to re-extract all downloads.

Do it this way: make sure to have ONE folder for each expansion. So you make one new folder and extract the contents of an expansion there. Make another empty foler, extract the next expansion there, etc.

And see if that helps. If you properly extract the stuff, it should work, normally.

//EDIT

I forgot to mention that when you're done extracting, use the "autorun.exe" in the folder to start the installation.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14065

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amp8688 on Thu 26 Dec 2013, 23:30

Carlos G. wrote:
Alright, then. I guess I misunderstood this.

Did you use WinRAR to extract the contents of the .RAR files ? Please make sure to re-extract all downloads.

Do it this way: make sure to have ONE folder for each expansion. So you make one new folder and extract the contents of an expansion there. Make another empty foler, extract the next expansion there, etc.

And see if that helps. If you properly extract the stuff, it should work, normally.

//EDIT

I forgot to mention that when you're done extracting, use the "autorun.exe" in the folder to start the installation.

This worked but now when I start the game it tells me the sims 3 has stopped working.

amp8688
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum