Crashing as soon as I open Buy/Build

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crashing as soon as I open Buy/Build

Post by Lexenstar1 on Sun 29 Dec 2013, 01:42

I was first having an issue with Sims not loading hair when in CAS, but after I killed alot of the graphics and entered window mode, that seemed to have worked.
Now once playing, if I open Buy/Build mode, Sims 3 crashes.  Any help with this would be amazing as I just downloaded this and cant even play.

Expansions: 
World Adventures
Supernatural
Town Life Stuff
Pets
Island Adventures
Outdoor Living Stuff

Game is updated as far as it'll go.

I have NO CC downloaded as I havent even gotten into Sims 3 to really play.

Playing on a laptop:
HP Envy dv6
AMD Radeon HD 7660G

//EDIT
Running on Windows 8 if that makes any diff :\

//EDIT 2
Did all the DEP stuff, now it crashes when it starts to load the family.  UGH.

Help

Lexenstar1
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crashing as soon as I open Buy/Build

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 04 Jan 2014, 19:06

Lexenstar1 wrote:I was first having an issue with Sims not loading hair when in CAS, but after I killed alot of the graphics and entered window mode, that seemed to have worked.
Now once playing, if I open Buy/Build mode, Sims 3 crashes.  Any help with this would be amazing as I just downloaded this and cant even play.

(...)

Game is updated as far as it'll go.

I have NO CC downloaded as I havent even gotten into Sims 3 to really play.

Playing on a laptop:
HP Envy dv6
AMD Radeon HD 7660G

//EDIT
Running on Windows 8 if that makes any diff :\

//EDIT 2
Did all the DEP stuff, now it crashes when it starts to load the family.  UGH.

Help

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

OK, after every crash, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Open the folder Currentgame.sims3 and delete all contents (not the folder itself).

Also, sometimes it can help if you re-do the manual patch and then the Ultimate fix; so re-do the steps from 2 to 4 here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Then, have another look at this topic here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013

Try all steps, if you haven't done so yet. If your computer has a 64-bit OS and at least 4 GB of RAM, then try the "4 GB patch" (step #3). Download the patch and then double-click on it. In the window, browse to the base game location, and choose the TS3W.exe. Wait for the .exe to be "patched", then close everything.

Re-start the game and play on. Good luck and do give us some feedback about your progress !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14428

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum