Installer doesn't let me choose language

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installer doesn't let me choose language

Post by SWAGMASTER9 on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 09:41

After mounting the Start Disk, double clicking on the disk opens up the contents and after I click on the setup application it always starts in Russian, there's nothing in regedit in regards to The Sims 3 since I completely uninstalled the previous versions of everything to start fresh. How can I solve this?

SWAGMASTER9
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installer doesn't let me choose language

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 10:02

SWAGMASTER9 wrote:After mounting the Start Disk, double clicking on the disk opens up the contents and after I click on the setup application it always starts in Russian, there's nothing in regedit in regards to The Sims 3 since I completely uninstalled the previous versions of everything to start fresh. How can I solve this?

Hello,

There should be an option coming up (in Russian) to actually choose the base game language; you might want to play around a bit with the installer. But instead you can click "yes" all the time and let it install. After that though, you need to change the language in the registry.

Press the Windows key + R to open the "Run" command and type in regedit.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Wow6432Node -> Sims -> The Sims 3

On the right-hand side, double-click on the entry Locale, and change the value to en-US. Click on "OK".

But let us know if that 'solution' works for you. Good luck !

P.S. If you have a 32-bit system, then the registry location is
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Sims -> The Sims 3

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14472

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SWAGMASTER9 on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 17:57

The launcher is in english now, but the DLC installers are in russian and it asks me a yes or no question after I hit the first "next" button, do you happen to know what the question normally is?

SWAGMASTER9
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 04 Jan 2014, 13:06

SWAGMASTER9 wrote:The launcher is in english now, but the DLC installers are in russian and it asks me a yes or no question after I hit the first "next" button, do you happen to know what the question normally is?

Sorry for the late reply, first of all...

I'm not sure what exactly is happening in your game or how you are trying to install "DLCs". But I suggest you look a this topic:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t7029-the-sims-3-cc-please-make-sure-your-game-has-the-latest-software-updates-and-try-again-error-s-100-solution

And use CC Magic to install ".sims3pack" custom content, instead of the launcher.

I hope this helps you a bit.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14472

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum