Patch down-grading problem. Pls Help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Patch down-grading problem. Pls Help

Post by jmisakiller on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 14:38

Game: TS3 base and Late Night expansion
Patch update: 1.63
Current patch downgraded to: 1.17

(First of all, I want to thank G4TW because I got all the tips and guide from this site. Thank you!)

I've been playing a sim I created for a month now but decided to update the game using the manual patch 1.63. I backed up my game first and saved a copy to my other HD drive before the manual patching... I was able to successfully update it and get the game working. Played it for a bit but after seeing that most of the new update were not free (it says I needs sims points)

SO I decided to remove the patch and get the game back to its original state (without the updates/patch) only TS3 base game and Late night. What I did was a clean reinstallation. Removed the whole game and reinstall.

Problem: after successfully reinstalling the game I get this message..

"Cannot load this save game, as it requires a later version. Please patch your game and try again"

I can load the game but not my town/saved game. I don't wanna loose my saved game.. I loved my character and already fulfilled its LifeTime Wish. Please help.  Crying or Very sad  No 

Questions 1: Is there a way to get my game back?
Question 2: or If not, can I atleast save the Sim character? (I created the sim so I thought there might be a copy in my sim Bin)

Please help.  Crying or Very sad  No
jmisakiller
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Patch down-grading problem. Pls Help

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 17:18

@jmisakiller wrote:OS: Windows 7
Game: TS3 base and Late Night expansion
Patch update: 1.63
Current patch downgraded to: 1.17

(First of all, I want to thank G4TW because I got all the tips and guide from this site. Thank you!)

I've been playing a sim I created for a month now but decided to update the game using the manual patch 1.63. I backed up my game first and saved a copy to my other HD drive before the manual patching... I was able to successfully update it and get the game working. Played it for a bit but after seeing that most of the new update were not free (it says I needs sims points)

SO I decided to remove the patch and get the game back to its original state (without the updates/patch) only TS3 base game and Late night. What I did was a clean reinstallation. Removed the whole game and reinstall.

Problem: after successfully reinstalling the game I get this message..

"Cannot load this save game, as it requires a later version. Please patch your game and try again"

I can load the game but not my town/saved game. I don't wanna loose my saved game.. I loved my character and already fulfilled its LifeTime Wish. Please help.  Crying or Very sad  No 

Questions 1: Is there a way to get my game back?
Question 2: or If not, can I atleast save the Sim character? (I created the sim so I thought there might be a copy in my sim Bin)

Please help.  Crying or Very sad  No

Hello,

You should NEVER "downgrade" your game; there is absolutely no reason for that. So please, update it again to the latest version.

And what do you mean by "most of the new updates were not free..." ? Game updates (the patches themselves) are always free; and the only thing you'd have to pay for are these "store items". First of all, in your in-game options menu, look for an option called "enable store mode" - unmark the box.

And then you can download/pirate your store items, if you want any. For example, from here (the site is still offline, but will go online soon again).

Keep us updated and let us know if you need any more help !

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum