Game takes too long to save

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game takes too long to save

Post by hikari_mochi on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 10:24

Hi G4tW!
Anyway, like the title says, my game takes too long to save. If it actually does save, i'm not sure because the 'saving..' popup thing stays on the screen for thirty minutes or longer and i just really need to turn off the computer that i didnt wait for it to stop. The circle thing does not stutter or slow down that sometimes tells me it will finish saving soon. Sometimes, it doesnt even get there, i go back to edit town mode (the one that replaces live mode) and that 'loading' circle just goes on.

This happens after i go in build/buy mode and like that other thread i found, only if i use stuff from buydebug. I cant not use it bec some objects in it are useful for editing festival lots (like that 4x4 daylight square thing that turns invisible outside buydebug. The festival lot i'm editing is the roaring heights one.

I just wanted to ask if anyone has experienced the same problem i have since update 1.63? I did read about one other person with a similar problem but i just wondered if there are others out there. Is there a solution to this besides waiting for the next patch?

P.S
- tried this on a vanilla game, the same thing with the loading circle happens.

_________________
avatar
hikari_mochi
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Favourite games : The Sims 3 LN, Generations, Seasons
Female Posts : 33
Points : 2192
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-10
Age : 22
Location : Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game takes too long to save

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 02 Jan 2014, 17:45

@hikari_mochi wrote:Hi G4tW!
Anyway, like the title says, my game takes too long to save. If it actually does save, i'm not sure because the 'saving..' popup thing stays on the screen for thirty minutes or longer and i just really need to turn off the computer that i didnt wait for it to stop. The circle thing does not stutter or slow down that sometimes tells me it will finish saving soon. Sometimes, it doesnt even get there, i go back to edit town mode (the one that replaces live mode) and that 'loading' circle just goes on.

This happens after i go in build/buy mode and like that other thread i found, only if i use stuff from buydebug. I cant not use it bec some objects in it are useful for editing festival lots (like that 4x4 daylight square thing that turns invisible outside buydebug. The festival lot i'm editing is the roaring heights one.

I just wanted to ask if anyone has experienced the same problem i have since update 1.63? I did read about one other person with a similar problem but i just wondered if there are others out there. Is there a solution to this besides waiting for the next patch?

P.S
- tried this on a vanilla game, the same thing with the loading circle happens.


Hello,

When did that 'glitch' begam to happen ? Did you always have that ?

Sometimes, it can help if you un-install just the base game, re-boot the computer afterwards, and then re-install it, following this guide here (especially the steps from 2 to 4).

Also, look at step #3 here. Download and apply the "4 GB patch". Double-click it, and choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location, but keep in mind that this only works if you have at least 4 GB of RAM on your computer, and if your operating system is a 64-bit one. Feel free to try the other methods in that topic too, of course.

Let us know if anything of that worked, but I have to say, that I can't really think of much else beyond that. Wat.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14066
Points : 18662
Reputation : 1982
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game takes too long to save

Post by hikari_mochi on Sat 04 Jan 2014, 12:19

Sorry for the  late reply..  Razz 

Lately it seems to be happening everytime i use stuff from buydebug, though im not sure if it's just the only cause for it. Once, i got it bec i got carried away editing the Roaring heights festival lot that i forgot to save. But anyway it was just once that this happened without bdebug. i tried using buydebug stuff right after loading the neighborhood and it still gets stuck.

This happened only since i installed the latest patch. im sureof this, since i like customizing festival lots and used to use buydebug a lot, esp for the lighting. I'll try your first suggestion, though. Smile

_________________
avatar
hikari_mochi
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Favourite games : The Sims 3 LN, Generations, Seasons
Female Posts : 33
Points : 2192
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-10
Age : 22
Location : Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game takes too long to save

Post by genesissabre on Sat 04 Jan 2014, 15:59

@hikari_mochi wrote:Sorry for the  late reply..  Razz 

Lately it seems to be happening everytime i use stuff from buydebug, though im not sure if it's just the only cause for it. Once, i got it bec i got carried away editing the Roaring heights festival lot that i forgot to save. But anyway it was just once that this happened without bdebug. i tried using buydebug stuff right after loading the neighborhood and it still gets stuck.

This happened only since i installed the latest patch. im sureof this, since i like customizing festival lots and used to use buydebug a lot, esp for the lighting. I'll try your first suggestion, though. Smile
Or try to create a new copy of your save files. I have this problem to and it work

genesissabre
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The sims, need for speed,Call of Duty, Saints Row, Battlefield, Total War, PES, Sleeping Dogs,Elder Scrolls
Male Posts : 48
Points : 1491
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-07
Age : 17
Location : Indonesia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game takes too long to save

Post by hikari_mochi on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 12:50

@genesissabre wrote:Or try to create a new copy of your save files. I have this problem to and it work
What do you mean by creating a new copy of the save file? I haven't really had time to try reinstalling the base game so i'm hoping i can do what you suggested.. Smile

_________________
avatar
hikari_mochi
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Favourite games : The Sims 3 LN, Generations, Seasons
Female Posts : 33
Points : 2192
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-10
Age : 22
Location : Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game takes too long to save

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 21:02

@hikari_mochi wrote:What do you mean by creating a new copy of the save file? I haven't really had time to try reinstalling the base game so i'm hoping i can do what you suggested.. Smile


Making a 'new copy' of the savefile is definitely NOT going to help. Wink

At first, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents in the folder Currentgame.sims3. After that, in
My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:



-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"



Re-start the game then and see if anything changed. And you already tried renaming the folder "The Sims 3" (My Documents/Electronic Arts), and then starting a new game ?

Indeed, if nothing else works, un-install the base game, re-boot the computer and then re-install the base game. After that, re-do the steps from 2 to 4 here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck ! Smile
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14066
Points : 18662
Reputation : 1982
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game takes too long to save

Post by hikari_mochi on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 14:39

I always delete cache files before playing, since i'm a little low on hdd memory, but the same thing still happens. This even happened in a neighborhood i havent touched (a test since some saves can get buggy after a while). It's a little late now so i'll try the rest tomorrow after class. Smile

_________________
avatar
hikari_mochi
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Favourite games : The Sims 3 LN, Generations, Seasons
Female Posts : 33
Points : 2192
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-10
Age : 22
Location : Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game takes too long to save

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 23:14

@hikari_mochi wrote:I always delete cache files before playing, since i'm a little low on hdd memory, but the same thing still happens. This even happened in a neighborhood i havent touched (a test since some saves can get buggy after a while). It's a little late now so i'll try the rest tomorrow after class. Smile


You might even try this "save files cleaner" here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t9396-ts3-save-files-cleaner

But please backup ALL your savefiles before applying this. Smile


Then re-start the game and see if anything improved in that direction !
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14066
Points : 18662
Reputation : 1982
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game takes too long to save

Post by hikari_mochi on Sat 08 Feb 2014, 14:16

Hello again!! 
Carlos, i tried your suggestion of renaming the 'sims 3' folder again. Like i said in my 1st post, it didnt work before. Now, it worked which is weird since i had mods put in this time, along with some build/buy cc but didnt include cas cc. I guess the Nraas mods helped or something. Anyways, i think it was also from me having 'barely there' RAM (i have quite a bit of cc hairstyles that are high poly). I mean 1gb used to be ok before island paradise. 

I guess the solution would be to take out non build/buy cc before trying to remake festival lots or apartments. A little of a hassle but it works so, yeah  Razz
I will definitely try the save files cleaner too. Thanks for your help!! Very Happy

_________________
avatar
hikari_mochi
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Favourite games : The Sims 3 LN, Generations, Seasons
Female Posts : 33
Points : 2192
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-10
Age : 22
Location : Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game takes too long to save

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 08 Feb 2014, 21:57

@hikari_mochi wrote: (...) Anyways, i think it was also from me having 'barely there' RAM (i have quite a bit of cc hairstyles that are high poly). I mean 1gb used to be ok before island paradise.


Do you mean your computer didn't/doesn't have enough RAM ? That's not so good. Wat. 

But you can still try the tool "Gamebooster" (look on Piratebay for that). It can help you improve the performance of your computer. However, that's no "replacement" for capable hardware, unfortunately.

Try shortening your playing sessions, if you haven't done that already. And save in short intervals. And after a playing session of ~30-45 real-time minutes, exit the game for a while, before re-starting it.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14066
Points : 18662
Reputation : 1982
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game takes too long to save

Post by hikari_mochi on Sun 09 Feb 2014, 11:03

i do save quite often since my previous legacy saves taught me that xD
my pc handled the game better  even when playing isla paradiso when i lowered all my settings (though i have to unlock hidden islands w/ a cheat first). the lag with buydebug was the worst i got, but i think it's easily solved by removing extra cc before starting. overwatch cleanup at 3am sim time lags but it barely lasts 30 seconds. it's not as bad as it sounds.  Wink

_________________
avatar
hikari_mochi
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Favourite games : The Sims 3 LN, Generations, Seasons
Female Posts : 33
Points : 2192
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-10-10
Age : 22
Location : Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum