The update screwed up my game. :/

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The update screwed up my game. :/

Post by DFTBASarah on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 02:51

Today I finally got around to updating my game to 1.63. After I updated I didn't install any new mods, just kept the same ones I had before that were working just fine. Now when I start the game I get a pop-up that says I have unofficial game mods and it freezes during loading. I already applied the ultimate fix, is there something I'm missing?

DFTBASarah
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The update screwed up my game. :/

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 05:23

@DFTBASarah wrote:Today I finally got around to updating my game to 1.63. After I updated I didn't install any new mods, just kept the same ones I had before that were working just fine. Now when I start the game I get a pop-up that says I have unofficial game mods and it freezes during loading. I already applied the ultimate fix, is there something I'm missing?

Hello,

You should re-download the latest versions of ALL your mods. Wink  The old ones that were working before most likely don't work with the new patch.

After you've put in the new mods, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the file scriptCache.package.

Good luck - and let us know if you need more help in this process ! Smile 

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DFTBASarah on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 06:23

I haven't tried that yet. I did re-download The Ultimate Fix because I realized it had been updated. Now I don't get the pop-up anymore but I'm perpetually stuck on the loading page after selecting your save game. It'll load almost all the way then stop. It isn't frozen the "find it" games are still working, it just won't finish loading.

DFTBASarah
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 06:53

@DFTBASarah wrote:I haven't tried that yet. I did re-download The Ultimate Fix because I realized it had been updated. Now I don't get the pop-up anymore but I'm perpetually stuck on the loading page after selecting your save game. It'll load almost all the way then stop. It isn't frozen the "find it" games are still working, it just won't finish loading.

This means that at least one of your (core-)mods is outdated, so you should re-check everything again. I know this might be time-consuming, but there is no other way, besides removing all your mods.

If you want you can even try removing one mod at the time and starting the game in-between. Do this until you have "identified" the mod that is causing this "freeze", but that, of course, is time-consuming too. However, from my own experience I can tell that this is the most secure method. Very Happy

//EDIT

Examples of "core mods" are NRAAS Overwatch, NRAAS ErrorTrap or NRAAS Register. Of course, there are many more...

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DFTBASarah on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 07:26

I have almost all the NRAAS mods so I bet it's one of those. I'll redownload and replace them then check again.

DFTBASarah
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum