The Sims 3 saves are not showing up in documents!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 saves are not showing up in documents!

Post by refrainy on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 13:04

Hi and first of all thank you for this awsome site!  Very Happy 
I have had problems lately with The Sims 3 game, and I mean A LOT of problems. Most recent is that the saved files are not showing in library\documents\electronic arts\the sims 3\saves

The folder is empty! But the saves are showing when I open the game. I can save my game once per game, if I want to save more than that, error code 16 or 13 pops up  Crying or Very sad And also when I first try to open The sims 3, it says "serious error has occured. It is recommended that you restart the application. So I close the game, open it again and it works fine. But my game freezes a lot too and it is annoying.

I had also mods from Nraas in the game and those were working fine, but when these problems started, i deleted all mods. When I thought that the problems were gone, i downloaded mods again, but whatever I try, mods are not shoving in the game. I also had a lot custom content in the game, but yesterday I deleted almost all of them and it didn't make a change WhatDidUJustCallMe? 

I have The sims 3 and Late night, Pets, World Adventures, Master Suite Stuff, Island Paradise, Supernatural, Generations, Ambitions, Seasons and University.

Oh and also I have spend so many days searching fixes for all these problems and none have worked! Im so tired of this...

I hope you could help me and sorry for my english!

refrainy
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Assasins Creed series, Legend of Zelda series, GTA series, Elder Scrolls, The Godfather
Female Posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 saves are not showing up in documents!

Post by Layloria on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 15:56

Not sure about your other problems better get a Sims 3 Helper or Moderator. But I may be able to assist with your mods.

Place your Mods folder in Documents > EA > Sims 3

Inside the Mods folder have Overides folder and Packages. You will also need a file called Resource.cfg which can be downloaded from Mod the Sims.

If you'd like a .ZIP file with all of this ready, click here,

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series
Female Posts : 392

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by refrainy on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 17:22

Thanks for your answer! I am afraid I already have Sims 3 helper and it doesnt work.. I also have those mods exactly where you said they have to be, but it still wont work  Sad

//EDIT: Oh when I tried to open The Sims 3 today, this error pops up: "A Serious error has occured while loading" every time and now i cant even play the game anymore..

refrainy
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Assasins Creed series, Legend of Zelda series, GTA series, Elder Scrolls, The Godfather

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Mon 13 Jan 2014, 09:27

Please do not double post, and edit your posts like I did.
To this point, I believe a full uninstall is in order... Then re install your game properly. Sorry...

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by refrainy on Mon 13 Jan 2014, 22:40

Oh, okay sorry! I really tried to avoid uninstalling, but I quess I'll have to face the facts and do it.. Thanks anyways  Rolling Eyes

refrainy
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Mon 13 Jan 2014, 23:18

Please tell us how it went!

Shamrock  

Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by refrainy on Wed 15 Jan 2014, 16:55

Okay so I unistalled all of the expansion and stuff packs and the base game. I'm reinstalling those games right now and I will come back soon to tell if the game is working again  Very Happy

refrainy
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 08:37

Great. Please do!

Shamrock  

Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by refrainy on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 15:10

Okay so I started the game, and choose the save (which was named by the way tamakin.Sims3 as in the picture). The game started loading and just before the loading was finished, the error in the picture shows up. Its in finnish, but it says "Serious error has occured while loading savename.Sims3. It is recommended that you restart the application." Just like before I uninstalled everything  Sad 

refrainy
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 15:20

@refrainy wrote:Thanks for your answer! I am afraid I already have Sims 3 helper and it doesnt work.. I also have those mods exactly where you said they have to be, but it still wont work  

//EDIT: Oh when I tried to open The Sims 3 today, this error pops up: "A Serious error has occured while loading" every time and now i cant even play the game anymore..

"A Sims 3 Helper" means a The Sims Helper of our forum (for example me, and people with green usernames), not "Sims 3 Helper" you mentioned in your post.

@refrainy wrote:Okay so I started the game, and choose the save (which was named by the way tamakin.Sims3 as in the picture). The game started loading and just before the loading was finished, the error in the picture shows up. Its in finnish, but it says "Serious error has occured while loading savename.Sims3. It is recommended that you restart the application." Just like before I uninstalled everything   

Can you start with a new save and see if the error message pops up?

Also, you should go to the folder C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves, delete the folder named Tamakin.sims3, and rename the folder tamakin.sims3.backup to tamakin.sims3. If you see a folder called "tamakin.sims3.bad", delete it as well.

Please keep us posted.

Last edited by J.T. on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 15:59; edited 1 time in total
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by refrainy on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 15:53

I thought that she meant the program called The sims 3 helper!
But anyways I found MissLadyElDis post http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t3642-a-serious-error-has-occurred-while-loading-possible-fix-the-sims-3-neigbourhood-loading
And I tried to fix my problem with it, but it didn't work :/ 

Oh, I will try that new save thing now (: 

My save folder is completely empty as you can see here (but the save is showing in the game):

refrainy
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 16:01

@refrainy wrote:I thought that she meant the program called The sims 3 helper!
But anyways I found MissLadyElDis post http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t3642-a-serious-error-has-occurred-while-loading-possible-fix-the-sims-3-neigbourhood-loading
And I tried to fix my problem with it, but it didn't work :/ 

Oh, I will try that new save thing now (: 

My save folder is completely empty as you can see here (but the save is showing in the game):

This means your game save(s) is/are completely gone.

Can you start a new save to see if the error persists?
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by refrainy on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 16:23

Okay. I was able to start a new game, created a new sim, bought a house and saved the game. After that I pressed exit game and went to look if my new save file were in the save folder, but it wasn't. There was still nothing in there. After that I launched The Sims 3 again and choose the household that I just created. The same thing happened: The game was almost loaded when the error pops up ):

refrainy
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 16:28

@refrainy wrote:Okay. I was able to start a new game, created a new sim, bought a house and saved the game. After that I pressed exit game and went to look if my new save file were in the save folder, but it wasn't. There was still nothing in there. After that I launched The Sims 3 again and choose the household that I just created. The same thing happened: The game was almost loaded when the error pops up ):

Hello,

Please rename the folder C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 to anything you want and restart the game with a new save.

If the same error persists after a manual reset, I suggest you initate a clean re-installation. To do so, simply download and install Your Uninstaller Pro from www.games4theworld.org. Afterwards, uninstall all of the expansions and the base game with Super Mode. Reboot your computer and re-install any expansions and the base game. Do steps 2-4 of this guide afterwards: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly.

Please keep us posted.
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by refrainy on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 20:49

I did everything you said, the error still exist.... I already uninstalled everything twice, im so tired of this! I dont really even feel like playing that game anymore. ): Is there any other way anymore?

I think I finally found the solution! I started thinking that why my saves never show up in documents, so i thought that maybe i have other electronic arts folder somewhere in my computer. I searched "electronic arts" form my computer and noticed that I have two folders! The other one was in Users/Public/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and the one that i thought was the right one was in Library/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. I fount also the saves from the "right" folder Smile Im so happy right now, thanks for all your help!

refrainy
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum