Major Lag, I've Tried Everything

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Major Lag, I've Tried Everything

Post by SodaPopSwanson on Wed 15 Jan 2014, 09:49

Hey guys, so I have The Sims 3 installed along with all of the expansions and everything in the store up until November of 2013. I run the graphics on medium, some on high. This may seem like a lot, but my laptop is built for that sort of thing. 

GPU: GeForce GTX 675MX
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz
Memory: 16.00 GB RAM 

I feel as though the game should be running flawlessly, but maybe I'm setting my expectations too high. When I start the game, not only does the loading time take forever, but the game is so laggy that it's unplayable. Before you offer solutions, let me list the things that I've already done.

*Defrag (I do at least once a week anyway.)
*Merged Packages
*Deleted Caches
*Overclocking
*Scanned for Corrupted CC

I don't see what else can be done. However, I would appreciate suggestions! Thanks guys! (:

Last edited by SodaPopSwanson on Wed 15 Jan 2014, 18:40; edited 1 time in total

SodaPopSwanson
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : World of Warcraft, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Dead Rising 3
Male Posts : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Major Lag, I've Tried Everything

Post by chowdary on Wed 15 Jan 2014, 10:32

maybe it is because of some outdated content like mods and sort of things maybe it would help or please wait until a moderator sees out happy simming

Like a Star @ heaven Games4TheWorld .torrent downloads: http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html 
 Like a Star @ heaven Sims (3) store stuff, guides, and more: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ 
chowdary
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims3,simcity5,gta5,bf4,twr2,cod:g
Male Posts : 250

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Wed 15 Jan 2014, 11:58

Please try GameBooster from IOBit.
You could maybe add overclocking to this...

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SodaPopSwanson on Wed 15 Jan 2014, 16:15

I downloaded Mz Game Booster and ran that while overclocking my machine, it didn't seem to make a difference. :/ Thanks for the suggestion though.

Edit: I've also deleted all of my custom content; the only things I have left in the packages folder are some merged NRaas mods & store content. However, it didn't fix the issue.

SodaPopSwanson
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : World of Warcraft, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Dead Rising 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SodaPopSwanson on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 01:46

I deleted NRaas & it seems that somehow merging all of Twallan's mods together created a bad package? Anyhow, it's quite a bit faster. However, it's still considerably slow.. I would really like to speed my game up; this is ridiculous.

SodaPopSwanson
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chowdary on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 09:59

try removing twallan's mod tooo see if it helps

Like a Star @ heaven Games4TheWorld .torrent downloads: http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html 
 Like a Star @ heaven Sims (3) store stuff, guides, and more: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ 
chowdary
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims3,simcity5,gta5,bf4,twr2,cod:g
Male Posts : 250

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 10:17

SodaPopSwanson wrote:I deleted NRaas & it seems that somehow merging all of Twallan's mods together created a bad package? Anyhow, it's quite a bit faster. However, it's still considerably slow.. I would really like to speed my game up; this is ridiculous.

Hello,

First of all, it is not recommended to merge mods. Most of the mods need to be updated by modders after a software update, and thus you should never ever merge your mods.

I strongly recommend you to remove all your mods, and clear scriptcache.package in C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. After that, run the game to see if there are any differences, and report your result.
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SodaPopSwanson on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 16:03

@ J.T. - I've deleted all of my mods & cleared that cache along with CasPartCache, compositorCache, simCompositorCache & socialCache - but it still seems to be running very slowly.  confused

Last edited by SodaPopSwanson on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 16:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong Font Color)

SodaPopSwanson
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 16:13

Are you sure you don't have the file scriptcache.package in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3? If there is no such file, you can try deleting all of the following files (you have only deleted four files?):

If clearing these doesn't work, the last resort would be renaming the folder C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 to anything you like and restart the game to see if there are any differences.
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SodaPopSwanson on Fri 17 Jan 2014, 05:15

@ J.T. - That managed to fix it! (: However, I'm still lagging more than I'd like to - but I guess a $2500 iBuyPower laptop is still no match for EA's terrible game engine. To be sure, I ended up going through every tutorial on this website and other websites regarding how to fix lag; from assigning more RAM to limiting the amount of sims in my town. I guess this is as good as it's gonna get - but don't get me wrong, it's still a hundred times better than before. Thanks man! You're awesome. & If you have any more tips, I'd greatly appreciate it.

SodaPopSwanson
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Fri 17 Jan 2014, 08:54

SodaPopSwanson wrote:@ J.T. - That managed to fix it! (: However, I'm still lagging more than I'd like to - but I guess a $2500 iBuyPower laptop is still no match for EA's terrible game engine. To be sure, I ended up going through every tutorial on this website and other websites regarding how to fix lag; from assigning more RAM to limiting the amount of sims in my town. I guess this is as good as it's gonna get - but don't get me wrong, it's still a hundred times better than before. Thanks man! You're awesome. & If you have any more tips, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I believe you have literally tried everything. The Sims 3 is a very demanding game, and the game can be laggy even on gaming pcs.

However, for some people, a clean reinstallation can help ease the lags. The success is not guaranteed though; you might want to think it through before doing so.

To do so, download and install Your Uninstaller Pro from www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html or www.piratebay.se/user/games4theworld . Uninstall all the expansions and the base game with Super Mode (to delete all leftovers and remaining registry keys), and then restart your computer. Afterwards, re-install them again, apply the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix consecutively. Then you are off to play.

I hope this can help put your mind at ease.
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: