Sims 3 Issues. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Issues. [SOLVED]

Post by anabell on Wed 27 Jul 2011, 03:51

I've had Sims 3 for over a year now and it's worked great until I got the bright idea today to install World Adventures. I had some issues and through searching the forum, I found the issues could be fixed by installing Ambitions. That fixed the previous problem and gave me new problems and through searching again found that it could be fixed by installing Generations and the Ultimate Fix. I followed all the instructions to the letter, the game is completely updated and everything. Now I went to play the game but it's really buggy, there's a lot missing. For example, if I click on a sim it gives me the normal options (friendly... mean... funny... romantic...) and then there's new bubbles but they're blank. I don't know what they're supposed to say but when I click them, nothing happens. If I scroll over my sims Lifetime Happiness, it's blank (there's no words, just the picture of what it is). If I go into buy mode and scroll over something, it's blank. There's just so much missing and I don't know if this is an issue with an update or maybe the order I installed the games in (I was initially only planning to install WA, that's why I went in that order though I read on the forum Generations should have been first). Any ideas?

A solution without needing to uninstall/reinstall would be very much appreciated.

anabell
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Issues. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Wed 27 Jul 2011, 09:09

Hello,
Please read the following post on this issue: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t859-the-sims-3-text-balloons-not-showing-missing-fix
Please let us know if this fixes your problem and don't hesitate to post if you run in to any other problems.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anabell on Wed 27 Jul 2011, 15:01

Doesn't help, it was already set that way.

Also, wondering if this might contribute to the problem, when I restart my computer, I get a message saying Origin Installer and the publisher is Electronic Arts. I know this is something related to Sims 3 but as it is not mentioned in any of the guides I always say No. Should I just let it install?

anabell
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Wed 27 Jul 2011, 19:59

anabell wrote:Doesn't help, it was already set that way.

Also, wondering if this might contribute to the problem, when I restart my computer, I get a message saying Origin Installer and the publisher is Electronic Arts. I know this is something related to Sims 3 but as it is not mentioned in any of the guides I always say No. Should I just let it install?
Hello,

Yes, please download and install the EADM/Origin and then update to the latest version: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by anabell on Wed 27 Jul 2011, 23:43

I went ahead and did a full uninstall/reinstall and the game seems to be working now. Thank you both for your help anyways Smile

And thanks for this website and great downloads, you're awesome!

Mod edit: Problem solved, topic closed.

-Lady ElDi

anabell
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum