Sims 3 Post-Fix Script Error/Crash

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Post-Fix Script Error/Crash

Post by dobermonster on Sat 18 Jan 2014, 17:19

So, I love the Ultimate Fix, it's saved my butt a few times. This time, though, it's not working for me. I tried out the version prior to the one updated yesterday, and it gave me a script error when I opened the launcher and then crashed before the loading screen. Was very happy to see the update, and applied that one this morning. Same problem, but I got to the loading screen before crashing this time. I tried removing any mods and reapplying, to no avail. Any ideas? Thank you.

//EDIT

So it looks like mods are the issue . . . perhaps they are not up to date with this patch (all Twallan). Hrm.

Helper Edit: Please do not double-post, and edit your previous post by clicking on the "Edit" button.

-J.T.

dobermonster
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 1434
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Post-Fix Script Error/Crash

Post by J.T. on Sat 18 Jan 2014, 18:11

Hello,

What Twallan's mods do you have currently?

//EDIT


It sounds like you have the mod Errortrap, and you are correct; Errortrap needs an update.


Last edited by J.T. on Sat 18 Jan 2014, 19:28; edited 1 time in total
avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5931
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Post-Fix Script Error/Crash

Post by dobermonster on Sat 18 Jan 2014, 19:27

@J.T. wrote:Hello,

What Twallan's mods do you have currently?

//EDIT


It sounds like you have the mod Errortrap, and you are correct; Errortrap needs an update.

Yes, I have Errortrap, Overwatch, Woohooer, and MasterController. I also just read that Twallan is retiring from mods and so it's unlikely that any updates will be made - very unfortunate. Do you know if the other mods are compatible with 1.66?

dobermonster
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 1434
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Post-Fix Script Error/Crash

Post by J.T. on Sat 18 Jan 2014, 19:31

@dobermonster wrote:
@J.T. wrote:Hello,

What Twallan's mods do you have currently?

//EDIT


It sounds like you have the mod Errortrap, and you are correct; Errortrap needs an update.

Yes, I have Errortrap, Overwatch, Woohooer, and MasterController. I also just read that Twallan is retiring from mods and so it's unlikely that any updates will be made - very unfortunate. Do you know if the other mods are compatible with 1.66?

Twallan's stopped updating mods and "retired", but as far as I know, other modders have picked up the job. Read this: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/News+Of+The+Day/.

Other than that, Overwatch and Woohooer are compatible with 1.66 and do not require updates.

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5931
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Post-Fix Script Error/Crash

Post by dobermonster on Sat 18 Jan 2014, 20:07

Thanks for the link. So far so good with just those two - it doesn't crash but I still get a script error notification when I open the launcher.

dobermonster
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 1434
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Post-Fix Script Error/Crash

Post by J.T. on Sat 18 Jan 2014, 20:09

@dobermonster wrote:Thanks for the link. So far so good with just those two - it doesn't crash but I still get a script error notification when I open the launcher.
Hello,

The script error is merely a webpage error. It's completely EA's side.

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5931
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Post-Fix Script Error/Crash

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum