I have no game file to put expansions in?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have no game file to put expansions in?

Post by aflekool427 on Mon 20 Jan 2014, 04:29

I recently bought the Sims 3 with the Dragon Valley expansion, (maybe not expansion but whatever it is I have it), I decided I really wanted the Supernaturals one as well. What's cooler than a fairy with dragons?!?! I know, I'm a nerd... Either way, I completely screwed up my game, can't even play it now. I searched the forums and didn't find anything, so if this had already been answered, my bad. I have the Sims 3 bonus edition, not sure if that's relevant. Either way, the instructions tell you to put it in the game/bin folder, I have no game folder. When I go into the Sims 3 it just doesn't exist. Now while I may not be technology impaired, it's not exactly like it's my strong suit either. I messed around for awhile and no folder that I thought made sense would work. Please help, I just want to play my game. =(

aflekool427
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : RPG's; Final Fantasy, Havest Moon, Star Ocean, Tales series. I have had an obsession with the Sims since I was 11.
Female Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have no game file to put expansions in?

Post by chowdary on Mon 20 Jan 2014, 06:01

aflekool427 wrote:I recently bought the Sims 3 with the Dragon Valley expansion, (maybe not expansion but whatever it is I have it), I decided I really wanted the Supernaturals one as well. What's cooler than a fairy with dragons?!?! I know, I'm a nerd... Either way, I completely screwed up my game, can't even play it now. I searched the forums and didn't find anything, so if this had already been answered, my bad. I have the Sims 3 bonus edition, not sure if that's relevant. Either way, the instructions tell you to put it in the game/bin folder, I have no game folder. When I go into the Sims 3 it just doesn't exist. Now while I may not be technology impaired, it's not exactly like it's my strong suit either. I messed around for awhile and no folder that I thought made sense would work. Please help, I just want to play my game. =(
hi there dragon valley is not an expansion it is a neighbourhood.and you mean there doesnt exist game/bin folder for you?

Like a Star @ heaven Games4TheWorld .torrent downloads: http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html 
 Like a Star @ heaven Sims (3) store stuff, guides, and more: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ 
chowdary
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims3,simcity5,gta5,bf4,twr2,cod:g
Male Posts : 250

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Mon 20 Jan 2014, 09:33

Where did you get the base game from?

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aflekool427 on Mon 20 Jan 2014, 09:34

Like I said, wasn't sure if it was an expansion or not, but I have dragons so I didn't question it. When I go into the Sims file there isn't even a game folder, so that obviously makes it impossible to get to the bin file. I'm seriously confused by it, I feel like it should be there. I mean, when I say I'm not great with computers, I'm still the person all my friends ask, I just know my knowledge isn't fantastic.

aflekool427
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : RPG's; Final Fantasy, Havest Moon, Star Ocean, Tales series. I have had an obsession with the Sims since I was 11.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aflekool427 on Mon 20 Jan 2014, 09:35

I actually have the disk, legitimately purchased and all.

aflekool427
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Mon 20 Jan 2014, 09:42

So no Origin? No Steam?
And your C:\Progrem Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin folder does not exist?

Shamrock  

Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aflekool427 on Mon 20 Jan 2014, 09:46

I've registered with Origin, my boyfriend installed it for me and he just did it automatically. But the file just isn't there, I go into the program file/ electronic arts and go to the sims and it just doesn't exist. It's the weirdest thing. Is there any other folder I can put it in?

aflekool427
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Mon 20 Jan 2014, 09:59

You can try C:\Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, if it is an Origin game.

Shamrock  

Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum