1.66 Update, Origin Games, and bashing my head against the wall.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1.66 Update, Origin Games, and bashing my head against the wall.

Post by DuckyLady on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 17:55

I hate to pile yet another  Noob whine onto the pile because I can't fix my game no matter how many times I uninstall, scrub, reinstall, follow the directions with the new 1.66 update -- with or without my Origin games (I have the base game, Late Night, Pets, and Supernatural. I HATE letting all that money go.

The ONLY way that I can play is to stick in Origin. Do I have to uninstall everthing (including Origin) AGAIN, and then reinstall everything from the downloads? (I even had problems with that with the new update.) And I've always been curious. When the individual downloaded games ask to download or update the EA launcher or Origin, should I? Origin is the bane of my existance, I swear.

I'm so frustrated, I want to give up. I really only want a couple of EPs....

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help based on my nebulous babbling...
Ducky Tea 5

DuckyLady
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.66 Update, Origin Games, and bashing my head against the wall.

Post by J.T. on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 19:05

Hello,

I completely understand how you feel. Origin is always an albatross.

Anyhow, did you receive any error messages? What exactly is the problem?

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DuckyLady on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 22:50

Well, I always start the game with Into the Future, which is Non-Origin... Origin opens, and that's it. Action stops.

If I try to be sneaky and enter through my Origin Supernatural (which is the latest one I have), I get the EA launcher, click the Go button, and the screen goes black, and stays there. I know I've gotten other errors (like no disk) at some point during this debacle, and I should have written everything down. But at the last couple of tries, this was what happened. 

I had to step back and just play on Origin for a bit so my poor computer wouldn't end up out the window. I honestly just want Seasons and Outdoor Life, maybe a couple of others... but I'm stuck.

DuckyLady
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LoriliHime on Fri 24 Jan 2014, 01:10

It is my personal experience that it is easier to stick with one type or the other. I would suggest getting our versions of the games and then following the instructions here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly-must-read

I really do hope that this helps you. Good luck and Happy Simming!!

Just for Giggles
LoriliHime
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Elder Scrolls
Female Posts : 199

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Fri 24 Jan 2014, 08:12

LoriliHime wrote:It is my personal experience that it is easier to stick with one type or the other. I would suggest getting our versions of the games and then following the instructions here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly-must-read

I really do hope that this helps you. Good luck and Happy Simming!!

Actually it doesn't really matter which version of the games you have got (whether they are legitimate or pirated or both).

You just need to bear in mind the "footnote" of the step 4 of the guide LoriliHime linked to:

Must Read How To Install The Sims 3 Correctly wrote:(If you downloaded and installed your base game via Origin, the crack goes into this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin )

Good luck and please keep us posted.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DuckyLady on Fri 24 Jan 2014, 23:08

Thank you so much for your advice. Now I hear there's yet ANOTHER update? I'm going to wait a while. I don't want to be pressuring G4 all the time! I'm good for now.

Thanks again!

DuckyLady
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 00:08

Another thing I personally recommend, that has worked well for my mashup of Origin and downloaded games, is to uninstall Origin. If you have no reason to keep it installed, then get rid of it. Clear up that space. If you want to keep Origin, then it's fine, try running the game from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin" and using TS3.exe. Or you can get an alternative launcher such as Gamebooster or ccmagic.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum