Bought books disappear and other inventory buggs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bought books disappear and other inventory buggs

Post by Rated_R on Sun 26 Jan 2014, 04:13

Hi! Smile

Something weird has happened to my game. I think it began when my sim returned from the future. When my sim buys books, they don't appear
in the personal inventory (neither in the family inventory) and the inventory itself is weird. BUT they're there if I choose to SELL books). Sometimes it flickers and I can't click on any item,
but when I can and for example want to drag items out of the inventory, they just disappear. My sim's inventory also makes her pets' inventories weird. If I click
on an item (when I can), it just says "sell the item for xxx §" in the sell box constantly for EVERY sim/pet in the household which makes all the other stuff there impossible to click on , and I have to sell something to make that disappear. This doesn't seem to happen to the other sims/families in my town, I could buy books and they would appear in the inventory of another sim.

I have all expansions, the newest patch, ultimate fix etc and only Nraas MasterController mod + a nude mod from ModTheSims. But I don't think the problem has
anything to do with that. 

It's pretty annoying that she can't read books and stuff, so I'd be grateful if anyone has a solution. Smile 
Thanks!

*EDIT: I have not updated my game to 1.67 yet.

Rated_R
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bought books disappear and other inventory buggs

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 28 Jan 2014, 00:22

Rated_R wrote:Hi! Smile

Something weird has happened to my game. I think it began when my sim returned from the future. When my sim buys books, they don't appear
in the personal inventory (neither in the family inventory) and the inventory itself is weird. BUT they're there if I choose to SELL books). Sometimes it flickers and I can't click on any item,
but when I can and for example want to drag items out of the inventory, they just disappear. My sim's inventory also makes her pets' inventories weird. If I click
on an item (when I can), it just says "sell the item for xxx §" in the sell box constantly for EVERY sim/pet in the household which makes all the other stuff there impossible to click on , and I have to sell something to make that disappear. This doesn't seem to happen to the other sims/families in my town, I could buy books and they would appear in the inventory of another sim.

I have all expansions, the newest patch, ultimate fix etc and only Nraas MasterController mod + a nude mod from ModTheSims. But I don't think the problem has
anything to do with that. 

It's pretty annoying that she can't read books and stuff, so I'd be grateful if anyone has a solution. Smile 
Thanks!

*EDIT: I have not updated my game to 1.67 yet.

Hello,

With the NRAAS Master Controller you have the option of a "clean reset" of the sim, which is still worth trying. Click on the sim and then go to NRAAS -> Master Controller -> Advanced -> Reset sim. Wait a little while then.

If that still doesn't work, you might want to try removing your mods still, and then delete the scriptCache.package file, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3.

Although some users said here that NRAAS mods  are safe to use with 1.66/1.67 versions of the game, I'm not sure. I'm still on version 1.63, which might be a reason why I don't run into any bugs (yet). Razz

As for the items in the inventory, I'm not sure. Try selling all items in your inventory, and then buy a few new items, and see if the same happens there. If the glitch still occurs, close the game without saving. In that case, your sim might be corrupted.

But good luck, and keep us updated !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14475

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rated_R on Tue 28 Jan 2014, 03:13

Hey! Thanks for your reply. I did the "clean reset" thing, but that didn't work. I haven't removed the mods and delete the package files, but I did delete them all with the mod still in the game and that didn't work, so maybe I should try that. Wink *Update* No, wrong, when I come to think of it, I removed the mod and deleted the package files = didn't fix the glitch.
But I have started on a new sim now and I have deleted the MasterController mod (only have the Overwatch now which works fine as far as I know at the moment) and there's no problems with my new sim's inventory. 

Yeah, maybe the Master Controller isn't compatible with 1,66 even though it says it is. I didn't understand it anyway, so it feels safer removing it for now. 

I did try that, selling all items and buy new ones, but the problem remained. Everything new I bought didn't show up in her in inventory. WhatDidUJustCallMe? 

Well, I hope it was a one time occuring glitch.

Rated_R
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 29 Jan 2014, 00:04

Rated_R wrote:Hey! Thanks for your reply. I did the "clean reset" thing, but that didn't work. I haven't removed the mods and delete the package files, but I did delete them all with the mod still in the game and that didn't work, so maybe I should try that. Wink *Update* No, wrong, when I come to think of it, I removed the mod and deleted the package files = didn't fix the glitch.
But I have started on a new sim now and I have deleted the MasterController mod (only have the Overwatch now which works fine as far as I know at the moment) and there's no problems with my new sim's inventory. 

Yeah, maybe the Master Controller isn't compatible with 1,66 even though it says it is. I didn't understand it anyway, so it feels safer removing it for now. 

I did try that, selling all items and buy new ones, but the problem remained. Everything new I bought didn't show up in her in inventory. WhatDidUJustCallMe? 

Well, I hope it was a one time occuring glitch.

Hello,

If you don't want to lose your sim *completely*, you can still try the following, if you want:

Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves. Look for a folder that looks like this: (Name of your savegame).sims3

Back up that folder somewhere, and then delete it. It's important to back it up, before deleting it ! Then look for the folder (Name of your savegame).sims3.backup. You remove the .backup ending in that folder so that it looks like the folder you just moved out. Re-start the game then and see what's happening in that save. You might have lost some progress, but see if your old sim is there and if yes, if he/she is "working".

If the same glitch happens, exit the game without saving, go again to the Save folder's location, delete your savefile you renamed before, and then paste back the folder you previously backed up somewhere else.

And you are back again where you started off, before reading this "tip". Razz

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14475

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum