My sims can't snorkel. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My sims can't snorkel. [SOLVED]

Post by alwaysivy on Mon 27 Jan 2014, 03:41

Hello,

I recently installed Sims 3 Island Paradise with the intentions of getting a mermaid. Yet, my dreams were quickly shot down when I tried to make my sim snorkel. She would instantly get teleported to the beach. I tried in the pool and she'd get teleported, I made her go into the middle of the ocean and she'd be teleported. You see the trend here. I saw that some people removed their mods and it worked. I have done so, but it didn't work. So, I tried with a different family to see if it was just a glitch within my household. Still, nothing. 

So, if anyone could please help me, I'd appreciate it. 
I can provide more information if needed.
Thank you!

alwaysivy
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My sims can't snorkel. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 27 Jan 2014, 04:26

@alwaysivy wrote:Hello,

I recently installed Sims 3 Island Paradise with the intentions of getting a mermaid. Yet, my dreams were quickly shot down when I tried to make my sim snorkel. She would instantly get teleported to the beach. I tried in the pool and she'd get teleported, I made her go into the middle of the ocean and she'd be teleported. You see the trend here. I saw that some people removed their mods and it worked. I have done so, but it didn't work. So, I tried with a different family to see if it was just a glitch within my household. Still, nothing. 

So, if anyone could please help me, I'd appreciate it. 
I can provide more information if needed.
Thank you!

Hello alwaysivy,

First of all, if you have any mods, please make sure that you're using the LATEST versions of them all. Also, after that, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the scriptCache.package file. Re-start the game then. You can even keep your mods removed, but then you still have to delete that file I mentioned.

Also, I've had that issue when I go into "town view" and click on one of the diving areas. But when I go into "normal mode" and just click somewhere on the water, it works for me; I'm not sure if you already tried that though.

Plus: with the NRAAS_Master Controller mod (use the latest one, that fits your base game patch version, of course), you can "reset everything". Go into town view and click on the town hall logo. Then go to...NRAAS -> Master Controller -> Town -> Reset everything and then wait a while. Afterwards try snorkelling again.

Good luck and keep us updated ! Smile

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14062

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysivy on Thu 30 Jan 2014, 04:12

Carlos wrote:

Hello alwaysivy,

First of all, if you have any mods, please make sure that you're using the LATEST versions of them all. Also, after that, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the scriptCache.package file. Re-start the game then. You can even keep your mods removed, but then you still have to delete that file I mentioned.

Also, I've had that issue when I go into "town view" and click on one of the diving areas. But when I go into "normal mode" and just click somewhere on the water, it works for me; I'm not sure if you already tried that though.

Plus: with the NRAAS_Master Controller mod (use the latest one, that fits your base game patch version, of course), you can "reset everything". Go into town view and click on the town hall logo. Then go to...NRAAS -> Master Controller -> Town -> Reset everything and then wait a while. Afterwards try snorkelling again.

Good luck and keep us updated ! Smile

Thank you so much! I did what you said about deleting the file and it worked! Or, at least I think it did. I reinstalled my base game as well, but... whatever. I'm giving the credit to you! Thank you so much! I'm so happy! =3

alwaysivy
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 30 Jan 2014, 18:14

@alwaysivy wrote:
Thank you so much! I did what you said about deleting the file and it worked! Or, at least I think it did. I reinstalled my base game as well, but... whatever. I'm giving the credit to you! Thank you so much! I'm so happy! =3

Hello again,

So did removing the mods and deleting the scriptCache.package file the trick ? Smile 

I've heard such glitches from an outdated version of the NRAAS_ErrorTrap mod, but of course, there can be many other mods responsible for that too.

If you need assistance with anything else, feel free to get in touch with me or another Helper/Mod. I'll leave the topic open for now, still.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14062

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysivy on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 07:36

Carlos wrote:

So did removing the mods and deleting the scriptCache.package file the trick ? Smile 

I've heard such glitches from an outdated version of the NRAAS_ErrorTrap mod, but of course, there can be many other mods responsible for that too.

If you need assistance with anything else, feel free to get in touch with me or another Helper/Mod. I'll leave the topic open for now, still.

Yes, yes! At least I believe so. It could have been NRAAS_ErrorTrap, but I'm not too sure since I did get rid of that before and it still didn't work. So, thank you once again and I will be sure to ask for help if I ever need it.

Moderator edit: I'm happy to hear that ! Feel free to get in touch with us again if you have another question. Smile  Topic closed.

- Carlos

alwaysivy
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum