The Ultimate Fix - What?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ultimate Fix - What?

Post by bloodbinds on Thu 30 Jan 2014, 19:05

Trying to download The Ultimate Fix, watched video etc, only problem is everything I click on the link (for PC) it's asking me what to open it with... or save file. I could see it was a rar file so opened it with extract and extracted it. No idea what happened when I opened the containing folder as all my files I've ever had seemed to be in it. So instead tried downloading it again and clicking 'save as' then when I moved the saved file over to extract again and when I tried to open it it told me it needs to know what to open it with - have tried opening it with several different options none of which actually work. None of this is in the Fix Video and I'm beginning to tear my hair out and go a little stir crazy. Can someone please point out where I am going wrong and give me some step by step instructions as clearly I'm missing something...

bloodbinds
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ultimate Fix - What?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 30 Jan 2014, 19:18

@bloodbinds wrote:Trying to download The Ultimate Fix, watched video etc, only problem is everything I click on the link (for PC) it's asking me what to open it with... or save file. I could see it was a rar file so opened it with extract and extracted it. No idea what happened when I opened the containing folder as all my files I've ever had seemed to be in it. So instead tried downloading it again and clicking 'save as' then when I moved the saved file over to extract again and when I tried to open it it told me it needs to know what to open it with - have tried opening it with several different options none of which actually work. None of this is in the Fix Video and I'm beginning to tear my hair out and go a little stir crazy. Can someone please point out where I am going wrong and give me some step by step instructions as clearly I'm missing something...

Hello,

First of all, have you tried downloading that fix with another internet browser ? Sometimes, it can help.

Also, after finishing the download, you'll need to open the download with WinRAR, get it here: http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Now, when you install WinRAR and then double-click on a .RAR file, the file should open. In the case of the Ultimate fix, it looks like this:

You can then "drag and drop" the contents onto your desktop or whatever.

Sometimes, you also need to right-click on a .RAR file and choose "open with...WinRAR", but that's rather unusual.

There is not really that much "behind" this, but I do hope this helps you a bit at least. Good luck and keep us updated !

//EDIT

Do NOT click on the folder with the dots (...) inside the .RAR file !

Instead, mark all other contents with the mouse and drag and drop them out somewhere. Or press Ctrl + A to mark all items, and drag & drop them out.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14068

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum