Only basic towns showing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Only basic towns showing?

Post by PrettyProphet on Thu 30 Jan 2014, 22:49

Hello,

Recently I had an issue regarding Roaring Heights and that issue was never resolved so I just decided to uninstall my Sims 3 base game and all the expansions (both disc version and some versions from here).  I rebooted and re-installed everything.  The only towns that I have available to play are as follows:
Appaloosa Plains
Bridgeport
Isla Paradiso
Moonlight Falls
Starlight Shores
Sunset Valley
Twinbrook

I thought that, hey, perhaps the towns needed to be re-installed, too, so I went to do so and it told me they were already installed.  Thinking maybe the game just needed that reboot I opened the launcher and tried again.  Only those basic towns are available to me.  This is really, really frustrating.  I've updated the game manually to the newest patch and I've correctly applied the ultimate fix.  What can be causing this and is there a solution? Running Windows 7, 64 bit system.  

Thank you!
PrettyProphet
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : World of Warcraft, Diablo III, Sims 3, Rifts, Starcraft II, SimCity
Female Posts : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Only basic towns showing?

Post by Shamrock on Fri 31 Jan 2014, 00:04

This seems normal to me...
Which towns would you like shown? You need to install them...

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyProphet on Fri 31 Jan 2014, 00:13

Really?  It's normal for all the installed towns to not show?  Am I missing something here?  Prior to my earlier issue with Roaring Heights, I had all these additional towns:
Aurora Skies
Barnacle Bay
Dragon Valley
Lucky Palms
Lunar Lakes
Midnight Hollow
Monte Vista
Riverview 
Roaring Heights

And now none of those are showing.  I've attempted to re-install them and when the launcher pops up it says they are already installed, yet when I go to the town menu they're not in the drop down list.
PrettyProphet
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : World of Warcraft, Diablo III, Sims 3, Rifts, Starcraft II, SimCity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Fri 31 Jan 2014, 00:17

Oh ok sorry, didn't understand you fully...
Please uninstall the worlds from the Launcher, then go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, and delete the WorldCache folder. Also check the worlds are not in the Export folder there.
Then re install them!

Shamrock  

Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyProphet on Fri 31 Jan 2014, 01:51

No worries.  Smile 

I'll definitely give that a shot and let you know if it works or not.
PrettyProphet
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Fri 31 Jan 2014, 09:33

Please do!

Shamrock  

Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyProphet on Fri 31 Jan 2014, 19:53

Well, sadly, it doesn't appear to have worked.  Everything was uninstalled and the WorldCache is gone.  Nothing is in the Export folder and when I went to install Aurora Skies, I again got the message from the installer that it was already installed - yet it's no where to be found.  This is starting to get personal!  lol
PrettyProphet
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 31 Jan 2014, 20:03

@PrettyProphet wrote:Well, sadly, it doesn't appear to have worked.  Everything was uninstalled and the WorldCache is gone.  Nothing is in the Export folder and when I went to install Aurora Skies, I again got the message from the installer that it was already installed - yet it's no where to be found.  This is starting to get personal!  lol

Hello,

The purpose of the "WorldCaches" folder and the files in it is that it can make the loading of a world a bit faster, so deleting or not deleting it - in Windows at least - is not so much the important question, here. Sure, it can help too, but it's not really the "choke point" here.

Instead, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the following things:

-CASPartCache.package

-compositorCache.package

-scriptCache.package

-simCompositorCache.package

-socialCache.package

-plus the contents of the folder "Thumbnails"

Now, the crucial point is in
My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Installed Worlds. Do you see any files in there ? if so, delete them all (or back them up somewhere, but just make sure that the "Installed Worlds"-folder is empty). This will basically remove your worlds from the Sims 3 store.

Now, try re-installing your worlds with the launcher again.

Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14065

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyProphet on Fri 31 Jan 2014, 20:19

Thanks for the input, Carlos!  

I got the message that the town was already installed and now when I go to launch the game I get the "Insert disc" error.  Should I do a complete uninstall again and reattempt an installation?  I cannot even begin to fathom where this error is coming from.
PrettyProphet
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 31 Jan 2014, 20:26

@PrettyProphet wrote:Thanks for the input, Carlos!  

I got the message that the town was already installed and now when I go to launch the game I get the "Insert disc" error.  Should I do a complete uninstall again and reattempt an installation?  I cannot even begin to fathom where this error is coming from.

Let's not proceed too fast, since these are two totally different sets of problems. So..first of all, you deleted the stuff I mentioned in my previous post, and then you re-installed the store worlds ? And now the launcher confirms they are installed ? OK, then. Let's see if they show up in your game too.

As for the other problem, please (re-) do the steps from 2 to 4 here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

This means, download and apply the latest "manual patch" in step #2 (just double-click on it after the download is finished) and then download and apply the latest "Ultimate fix" too (steps #3 and #4). Do these steps exactly as they are described ! And you should be good to go.

Keep us updated ! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyProphet on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 00:23

Alas, Carlos, your suggestion in regards to installing the worlds did not work. Sad  The disc error has gone away, thankfully, but we're back to square one on the other topic.  Drat!
PrettyProphet
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 00:40

@PrettyProphet wrote:Alas, Carlos, your suggestion in regards to installing the worlds did not work. Sad  The disc error has gone away, thankfully, but we're back to square one on the other topic.  Drat!

Hello again,

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix

This is almost the same as I suggested, with the addition that you also back up and then delete the contents of the DCCache and DCBackup folders. Theoretically, it shouldn't be necessary to delete those in your case (since you deleted the contents of "Installed Worlds" already).

Personally, I don't think the method I suggested is a problem, but feel free to delete DCCache and DCBackup too (the contents of those).

Where did you download the worlds from ?

Also, after you deleted the contents of "Installed Worlds"...did you put again the .sims3packs of the worlds in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads ? And then you installed them with the launcher ? And that didn't work ?  Surprised 

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrettyProphet on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 00:49

I downloaded all the worlds from this site and most of everything I have from here, aside from eight or nine expansions and the base game. Smile
PrettyProphet
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum